Hong Kong — The Asian Film Awards will hand out additional honors to some of the region’s leading acting talent at a new ceremony before next week’s FilMart convention.
The awards are given by the recently established Asian Film Awards Academy, which has taken over the running of the AFAs, now in their 8th edition. The academy is backed by a trio of Asian film festivals: Busan, Hong Kong (Hkiff) and Tokyo.
The main awards ceremony will this year relocate from its former home in Hong Kong to a new base in Macau, and be held on Thursday (March 27) next week.
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsKill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
- NYC Weekend Watch: Todd Haynes, ‘1941,’ ‘Gun Crazy,’ ‘Battleship Potemkin’ & More (From The Film Stage. 20 November 2015, 3:14 AM, PST)
- Top 5 TV: 'Mr. Show' Redux and the Return of Ronald Reagan (From Rolling Stone. 16 November 2015, 8:45 AM, PST)
- NYC Weekend Watch: ‘Out 1,’ Noir, Akerman, ‘Strange Days,’ ‘Johnny Guitar’ & More (From The Film Stage. 12 November 2015, 9:28 PM, PST)
- IP Man 3 Hong Kong Trailer: "Ip Man's Wing Chun Isn't The Real Thing" (From Twitch. 21 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Taiwan Hit ‘Our Times’ Set For North American Release (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2015, 4:50 PM, PST)
- IP Man 3 Making-Of Video Shows Wing Chun Vs Muay Thai, Boxing And Wing Chun! (From Twitch. 14 November 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
Battle Royale (2000)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 review – dystopian drama struggles to its conclusion (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 November 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
- ‘The Hunger Games’: What the critics said in 2012 (From Hitfix. 19 November 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Film Review: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (From LatinoReview. 18 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)