To go someway in quoting Julie Andrews, “The Internet is alive with the sound of Star Wars VII speculation”. Already big dogs are reported to return; Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Mark Hamill are rumoured to be reprising their roles from the original trilogy whilst Girls’ Adam Driver is also reportedly set to play the villain.
On the other side of the coin however, big names in Hollywood are also cropping up already in Star Wars VII’s trivia page as having been ‘considered for the role’ (whatever that means) without making the grade – Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving seem to have lost out to Driver whilst Saoirse Ronan was reported to have read for a role – did she get it? Didn’t she? Who knows?
It’s a long way to go until December 18th, 2015 and there will no doubt be a copious amount of casting rumours, »
- Toby McShane
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Why The Star Wars Spinoffs Should Stop Retreading The Original Characters (From Cinema Blend. 23 August 2017, 8:02 PM, PDT)
- Geek Buzz: 'Iron Man' Trio Reunite for 'Avengers,' 'The Batman' Will Stand Apart from the Dceu (From Movies.com. 23 August 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- New Star Wars 8 At-at Walker and Star Destroyer Officially Revealed (From MovieWeb. 23 August 2017, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review – Alien: Covenant (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2017, 2:04 AM, PDT)
- Mary, Queen Of Scots First Look Photo From Film Starring Saoirse Ronan And Margot Robbie (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 August 2017, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- 14 Blockbusters to See This Season, From ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ to ‘Blade Runner 2049’ and Many More (From Indiewire. 17 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- New TV spot for ‘Blade Runner 2049′ (From Blogomatic3000. 23 August 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Will Release Nyff Documentaries on Joan Didion and Gay Talese (From Indiewire. 23 August 2017, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Will Release Nyff Documentaries on Joan Didion and Gay Talese (From Thompson on Hollywood. 23 August 2017, 12:40 PM, PDT)