UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 7th - Sunday 9th March 2014....
After three weeks atop the UK box office, The Lego Movie has fallen to second place, with the sword and sandals prequel/sequel 300: Rise of an Empire seizing its glory and claiming top spot with an opening weekend of £2,761,612. While that was enough for first place, its debut is down considerably from Zack Snyder's original, which pulled in £4.75 million back in 2006.
Joining 300: Rise of an Empire in the top ten were a further two newcomers, with Wes Anderson's latest star-studded offering The Grand Budapest Hotel pulling in £1,532,239 and giving the director his best ever UK debut in third place, while CG-animation Escape from Planet Earth opened down in seventh with £395,392.
Number one this time last year: Oz the Great and Powerful
1. 300: Rise of an Empire, £2,761,612 weekend (New)
2. The Lego Movie, »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- Weekend Superhero: Batman v Superman Just One Sign of More DC Darkness Ahead (From Film-Book. 19 April 2015, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" In Action (From SneakPeek. 18 April 2015, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - New Images (From SneakPeek. 18 April 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron Covers F*** Movie Magazine; Plus New Set Of Interviews (From ComicBookMovie. 19 April 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Clip Teases 'Avengers 2' Crossover (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- 35 Movies You Need to See This Summer (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)
Wes Anderson (I)
- Wes Anderson's 'Moonrise Kingdom' Leads Criterion July Releases (From The Playlist. 16 April 2015, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Criterion July 2015 Releases Include 'Moonrise Kingdom', 'Hiroshima Mon Amour' and 'The Killers' (x2) (From Rope Of Silicon. 15 April 2015, 3:48 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: 'Standing Tall' to open 2015 festival (From ScreenDaily. 13 April 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)