UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 7th - Sunday 9th March 2014....
After three weeks atop the UK box office, The Lego Movie has fallen to second place, with the sword and sandals prequel/sequel 300: Rise of an Empire seizing its glory and claiming top spot with an opening weekend of £2,761,612. While that was enough for first place, its debut is down considerably from Zack Snyder's original, which pulled in £4.75 million back in 2006.
Joining 300: Rise of an Empire in the top ten were a further two newcomers, with Wes Anderson's latest star-studded offering The Grand Budapest Hotel pulling in £1,532,239 and giving the director his best ever UK debut in third place, while CG-animation Escape from Planet Earth opened down in seventh with £395,392.
Number one this time last year: Oz the Great and Powerful
1. 300: Rise of an Empire, £2,761,612 weekend (New)
2. The Lego Movie, »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsZack Snyder
- The HeyUGuys Interview – Director James Gunn talks Guardians of the Galaxy (From HeyUGuys. 29 July 2014, 4:18 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: WB leads social buzz (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2014, 2:54 AM, PDT)
- Metropolis Vehicles Ruined On Batman v Superman Set (From ComicBookMovie. 28 July 2014, 8:27 PM, PDT)
- [Updated] Full Combined Concept Art Poster & New Still For ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ (From The Hollywood News. 29 July 2014, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Disney’s The Jungle Book Adds Giancarlo Esposito And Christopher Walken (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2014, 8:31 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: Footage from Marvel’s Avengers: Age Of Ultron Panel Featuring Robert Downey Jr. and the Cast, with Special Appearance by Josh Brolin (From Collider.com. 28 July 2014, 6:13 PM, PDT)
Wes Anderson (I)
- Blu-ray Review: 'Jules et Jim' & 'Shoot the Pianist' (From CineVue. 28 July 2014, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- Sliff/Kids Interview: Brad Schiff – Stop Motion Animator – Paranorman, Boxtrolls (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 July 2014, 8:03 PM, PDT)
- Bill Murray Turns Up at Fan's Ice Cream Social (From Rolling Stone. 26 July 2014, 9:23 AM, PDT)