Found-footage and/or low-budget original horror fare are Blumhouse Productions’ bread and butter; not only have their releases like Paranormal Activity, Insidious and The Purge reach high profit margins against minimal investments, they’ve also birthed new franchises that – despite the mixed feelings towards them – are a hit at the box office.
Blumhouse founder/CEO Jason Blum is overseeing two such horror sequels – Paranormal Activity 5 and The Purge: Anarchy – for a theatrical bow later this year, while the Blumhouse name is attached to a pair of original spooky offerings arriving in 2014, Creep and Oculus. The latter has thus far gotten a fair bit ...
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsParanormal Activity (2007)
- Horror Highlights: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Drawing, Gehenna: Where Death Lives, Woom Excerpt, Ithaca Fantastik Fest, The Master Cleanse (From DailyDead. 25 October 2016, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Ten Best: 80s Horror movies on Netflix (From Blogomatic3000. 25 October 2016, 5:36 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: It’s Horrors Week at The A.V. Club (From The AV Club. 24 October 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Afm: 'Stranger Things' star Shannon Purser joins 'Wish Upon' (From ScreenDaily. 24 October 2016, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- AFM: Mister Smith to Launch Joey King Starrer ‘Wish Upon’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 October 2016, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- 'Aquaman' to Be Like 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' Meets 'Romancing the Stone,' Says Director (From Movies.com. 21 October 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
Jason Blum (I)
- Netflix’s ‘The Crown’: How Long Will It Reign? (From Variety - TV News. 24 October 2016, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Whole Truth’ Review: Keanu Reeves Does His Best in the Middle of Misdirection (From Indiewire. 21 October 2016, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- In A Valley of Violence Review: A Bloody and Brutal Pulp Western (From MovieWeb. 21 October 2016, 8:16 AM, PDT)