Foodies who feasted on “Big Night,” “Babette’s Feast” and “Eat Drink Man Woman” may flock to “Chef,” a lightweight but high-calorie confection in which the actors often run the risk of being upstaged by all manner of scrumptious-looking cuisine. Written and directed by Jon Favreau, who also stars as a professionally frustrated chef who earns a second helping of happiness while operating a food truck, this amiably rambling dramedy will play best with audiences primed to go with the flow of its leisurely pacing while enjoying the cross-country ride. And, of course, savoring the views of that tempting grub.
The slightly longish setup establishes Carl Casper (Favreau) as a stressed-for-success master chef in a trendy Los Angeles restaurant where he is absolute master of his kitchen — as long as he pleases the establishment’s demanding owner (Dustin Hoffman). When an even more demanding restaurant blogger (Oliver Platt) pans Casper »
- Joe Leydon
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Peter Parker Battles The Vulture In New Spider-Man: Homecoming Concept Art (From We Got This Covered. 23 July 2016, 8:26 PM, PDT)
- Spider-Man Battles Vulture in Homecoming Comic-Con Art (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2016, 8:22 PM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2016: Spider-man: Homecoming Concept Art Features The Vulture! (From LatinoReview. 23 July 2016, 7:53 PM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Confirms Vulture Is Villain (From The Wrap. 23 July 2016, 7:36 PM, PDT)
- Thor 3 Gets a New Ragnarok Logo (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2016, 7:26 PM, PDT)
- Five Things to Know About Billionaire Elon Musk (From PEOPLE.com. 22 July 2016, 6:25 PM, PDT)
- Sdcc: Black Panther featurette for Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2016, 3:47 PM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman Trailer Arrives from Comic-Con (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2016, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Raises Nearly $45 Million at Auction Gala (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2016, 10:14 AM, PDT)