The visionary American film director has nine months to pay a settlement sum with the financiers of Voyage of Time, an epoch-straddling documentary that remains unfinished
• News: Malick taken to court for 'forgetting to make film'
Terrence Malick has come to a settlement with the financiers of his film Voyage of Time, which has remained unfinished since its inception in 2008.
Investment group Seven Seas Partnership, who financed the film, sued Malick's company Sycamore Pictures last year claiming that nearly $6m had been spent but on the production but "with nothing to show for it". They highlighted how he instead spent time on other projects including To The Wonder and the forthcoming Knight of Cups, said that their money was "co-mingled with other financial assets to support the production of other films by Malick," and that he had indeed "forgotten" about the project.
Sycamore countersued, saying that the action brought against »
- Ben Beaumont-Thomas
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- ‘I Love Dick’: Kevin Bacon Talks ‘Redefining What It Means to Be a Dick’ in Jill Soloway’s New Amazon Pilot (From Variety - TV News. 24 August 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – War Dogs (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 24 August 2016, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Snatch T.V. Series Coming Our Way (From TheMovieBit. 24 August 2016, 2:46 AM, PDT)
- Weekly Rushes. "Olli Mäki," Ingrid Bergman's Home Movies, Trailers Galore, Scott Walker's Score (From MUBI. 24 August 2016, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- Mulholland Drive Tops BBC's 100 Best Movies of the 21st Century List (From MovieWeb. 23 August 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Terence Malick new film designed to make us all feel insignificant (From Hitfix. 23 August 2016, 11:48 AM, PDT)
Emma Thompson (I)
- Toronto: Adam Leon's 'Tramps' seals sales deal (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: Adam Leon's 'Tramps' scores sales deal (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Adam Leon's Toronto-bound 'Tramps' scores sales deal (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)