Actress Minnie Driver is a "Downton Abbey" fan -- join the club, Driver -- but not only is she a fan, she'd love to appear on the U.K. period drama. Ellen DeGeneres is here to help, by staging Driver's "Downton" audition during her talk show.
In the video, DeGeneres is Lady Gwendymere of West Bedford Applebees and Driver is Countess Penelope of I Can't Believe It's Not Buttersworth -- tee hee. Driver has no idea what the script "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" staff wrote is going to say, so it's hilarious to watch her jump through all the hoops thrown her way, especially since Driver herself keeps cracking up.
Driver is currently starring on new NBC comedy "About a Boy," but perhaps she could get away for a couple of days to shoot a cameo for "Downton," which is currently filming its fifth season in England.
Similar News ItemsEllen DeGeneres
- Inside Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble’s Relationship: ‘They Will Never Get Married,’ Says Source (From PEOPLE.com. 26 June 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- YouTube’s Ad-Supported Originals Are Directly Competing For TV Ad Dollars (From Tubefilter News. 24 June 2017, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Little Big Shots: Forever Young: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 June 2017, 1:16 PM, PDT)
"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- ITV, Amazon Team Up on New ‘Vanity Fair’ Adaptation With Olivia Cooke (From Variety - TV News. 28 June 2017, 3:32 AM, PDT)
- Wamg Giveaway – Win the Their Finest Blu-ray Starring Gemma Arterton (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 June 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Makes Even Less Sense if You’ve Never Seen a ‘Transformers’ Movie Before (From Indiewire. 23 June 2017, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie Gets the Greenlight + More Projects Announced (From Backstage. 23 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie: 8 Possible Storylines to Pursue Even After Everybody’s Had Their Happy Ending (From Indiewire Television. 22 June 2017, 5:52 PM, PDT)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie: 8 Possible Storylines to Pursue Even After Everybody’s Had Their Happy Ending (From Indiewire. 22 June 2017, 5:52 PM, PDT)