Angelina Jolie says her latest project is the "hardest thing" she's ever done in her career.
The film chronicles the life of Louis Zamperini, an Olympic runner who was taken prisoner by Japanese forces during World War II. "[The world] can seem hopeless and it can seem very overwhelming," she said of the movie. "But the resilience and the strength of the human spirit is an extraordinary thing."
Related Pics: Stars Who Take On Real-Life Roles
It just so happens that director Jolie is neighbors with her movie muse. "I imagine that for the last 10-something years, (Zamperini has) been sitting there having a coffee in the morning and wondering who's going to make this movie," the 38-year-old Oscar winner told Today. "And I've been sitting in my room laying there thinking, 'What am I supposed to be doing with my »
Similar News ItemsAngelina Jolie
- What's the Best Makeup Color for Green Eyes? We Have the Answers (From E! Online. 4 March 2015, 9:39 AM, PST)
- Report: Academy Old Guard wants to go backward with just 5 Best Picture nominees (From Hitfix. 4 March 2015, 2:12 AM, PST)
- Stars Who Have Kids With the Same Name (From Popsugar. 3 March 2015, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Steve Martin Tapped for Ang Lee's 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' (From Rope Of Silicon. 4 March 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Ang Lee Recruits Steve Martin For Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2015, 12:16 PM, PST)
- The Walking Dead, Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut & Hannibal Nominated in 41st Annual Saturn Awards (From DailyDead. 4 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
In the Land of Blood and Honey (2011)
- A Perfect Trailer For A Perfect Day (From We Got This Covered. 10 February 2015, 9:10 AM, PST)
- Does Marvel Want Angelina Jolie To Helm Captain Marvel? (From We Got This Covered. 8 February 2015, 4:58 PM, PST)
- Marvel Wants Angelina Jolie to Direct 'Captain Marvel'? (From MovieWeb. 8 February 2015, 8:29 AM, PST)