This week, the incomparable Liam Neeson(s) gets back into action-mode with the high octane thriller "Non-Stop." While the sight of the "Taken" star holding a gun might give you flashbacks to that franchise, it's really "Die Hard" that director Jaume Collet-Serra's new film takes its cues from.
The old "Die Hard on a _____" formula that proved so popular in the '90s has been reinstated, the locale being a plane, the sidekick being Julianne Moore, and the villains being... well we don't want to spoil it for you. It also doesn't hurt that the producer of "Non-Stop" is Joel Silver, who, back in the day, made a little movie called, well, "Die Hard."
In honor of this thrilling throwback, we've made a nifty infographic that offers some perspective on what began as a great Bruce Willis action movie and morphed into catchy new sub-genre.
Yippy-Ki-Yay, Liam Neeson.
[click on image for a larger version]
- Max Evry
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Steve Carell Joins Woody Allen's Next (From Dark Horizons. 29 August 2015, 8:06 PM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Already Replaced Bruce Willis With ... (From Cinema Blend. 28 August 2015, 6:25 PM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Comedy Boots Bruce Willis, Brings in Steve Carell (From MovieWeb. 28 August 2015, 5:26 PM, PDT)
- Never Let Go review [FrightFest 2015]: “Uninspired rehash of Taken formula” (From The Hollywood News. 28 August 2015, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- The top 20 underappreciated films of 1986 (From Den of Geek. 26 August 2015, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- No Escape movie review: start the revolution without them (From FlickFilosopher. 24 August 2015, 6:17 AM, PDT)
- Steve Carell set to take over Bruce Willis role in new Woody Allen film (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 August 2015, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Two new posters for Freeheld starring Julianne Moore and Ellen Page (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Steve Carell to Replace Bruce Willis in Woody Allen’s Next Film (From Variety - Film News. 28 August 2015, 2:38 PM, PDT)