Kerry Washington may like to keep a low profile when it comes to her personal life, but that doesn't mean she's above celebrating her impending motherhood.
The "Scandal" actress was the guest of honor at a baby shower thrown for her at "Scandal" creator Shonda Rhimes' home in Los Angeles on Sunday (Feb. 23) -- and the event was quite the star-studded affair.
"Everyone was so happy to see Kerry and immediately began admiring her belly," an eyewitness tells Us Weekly of the approximately 60 friends and relatives on hand to celebrate the star, including Jane Fonda, Regina King, Cicely Tyson, Diahann Carroll and Washington's "Scandal" co-star Darby Stanchfield.
"It was a very lively crowd ... Throughout the afternoon, people were hollering and clapping or ooh-ing and ahh-ing," the source adds. "They seemed to have a great day all around."
Fonda later took to her blog (the post has since been removed »
Similar News ItemsKerry Washington (I)
- Unofficial Prequels: Films That May Have Been Prequels but You Didn’t Know It (From Cinelinx. 24 May 2015, 6:10 PM, PDT)
- Jimmy Kimmel on Childhood Hero: ‘David Letterman Was My Jesus’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 May 2015, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- Ratings: Fox’s ‘Wayward Pines’ Debut Lost in the Woods Against ‘Scandal’ Season Finale (From The Wrap. 15 May 2015, 8:47 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Amy Schumer teams with ‘Bridesmaids’ director (From Hitfix. 22 May 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Kerry Washington on having her life 'ripped from her' this season on 'Scandal' [Exclusive Video] (From Gold Derby. 22 May 2015, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Exclusive 'Rogue' Season 3 Teaser Unleashes a War on Chicago (From Indiewire. 20 May 2015, 3:57 PM, PDT)
- Michael Rooker reuniting with James Gunn on The Belko Experiment (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2015, 1:57 AM, PDT)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Star Michael Rooker Joins James Gunn’s ‘Belko Experiment’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Ratings: Fox’s ‘Wayward Pines’ Grows in Second Week (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)