Elaborate designs and covetable fashion were the focuses of the 2014 Costume Designers Guild Awards on February 22 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, where winners included “Behind the Candelabra’s” Ellen Mirojnick, “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’s” Trish Summerville, “House of Cards’” Tom Broecker, and “Blue Jasmine’s” Suzy Benzinger.
This is all a little ironic, Cdg president Salvador Perez joked his opening remarks.
“As costume designers, we take on the formidable task of dressing thousands of actors for a crowd scene or giving an actor 30 changes for one 30-minute episode of television,” the “Mindy Project” costume designer said. “Even though we can pull it off on a daily basis, let’s be honest. When it comes to dressing ourselves, the shoemakers’ children have no shoes. My tuxedo hem? Safety pins and Topstick.”
- Whitney Friedlander
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Will Forte Talks ‘MacGruber 2′ Script Status (From Screen Rant. 30 August 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- How Many Have You Seen? Read Bill Hader's List Of 200 Movies Every Comedy Writer Should See (From The Playlist. 29 August 2014, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Labor Day marathon guide: Meet the 'Housewives of Melbourne' and more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 August 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Fuller Talks Scope Of "American Gods" Series (From Dark Horizons. 30 August 2014, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Venice: ‘Game of Thrones’ Actress, Gabriel Byrne to Star in ‘Book of Vision’ (From Variety - Film News. 30 August 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Game of Links (From FilmExperience. 30 August 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Watch Godzilla Cover-Up In "Operation: Lucky Dragon" Special Feature (From ComicBookMovie. 30 August 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Aaron Paul Is Giving Away a Prized Possession to Help His Friend (From Popsugar. 30 August 2014, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin (From TVLine.com. 30 August 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)