The thing I find most surprising about Pompeii is that there aren’t two rival Pompeii movies. The Paul W.S. Anderson movie has the look and feel of Deep Impact/Armageddon and Volcano/Dante’s Peak (though, believe it or not, Roman Polanski was once attached to direct).
Alas, Pompeii has the field to itself, a big-budget 3-D disaster epic that lands smack in the box-office dead zone of February. It’s just crazy enough to work!
- Jeff Labrecque
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- ‘Broad City’ Previews Empowering Season 4 Episode at Comic-Con to Heal the Damage of Donald Trump (From Indiewire Television. 23 July 2017, 2:11 AM, PDT)
- ‘Broad City’ Previews Empowering Season 4 Episode at Comic-Con to Heal the Damage of Donald Trump (From Indiewire. 23 July 2017, 2:11 AM, PDT)
- The week in TV: Game of Thrones; I Know Who You Are; Ozark: Is Love Racist? The Dating Game (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 July 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Universal Wants Channing Tatum For Van Helsing (From LRM Online. 21 July 2017, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum reportedly being sought for Van Helsing in Dark Universe film (From JoBlo. 21 July 2017, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Universal Courting Channing Tatum For ‘Van Helsing’ Remake (From The Hollywood News. 21 July 2017, 10:12 AM, PDT)
Resident Evil (2002)
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite trailer features Spider-Man, Thanos, Gamora, Frank West, Nemesis and Haggar (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2017, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- New Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Gameplay Confirms Spider-Man, Frank West And Nemesis (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- John Carpenter recalls George A. Romero’s “profound impact” (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 12:49 PM, PDT)