16 February 2014 6:07 PM, PST | MovieWeb | See recent MovieWeb news »

Following the tragic loss of Fast & Furious 7 star Paul Walker, Universal Pictures was forced to delay the action-packed sequel, shifting the release date from July 11, 2014 to April 10, 2015 in December. Production has been suspended, with the studio revealing last month that they plan on using the footage Paul Walker already shot, giving the actor's Brian O'Connor character a proper send-off. In a recent interview, Kurt Russell said that production will likely resume in April.

"I've been told April, maybe May, maybe Dubai, maybe Atlanta, maybe La."

When the actor first joined the cast, it was speculated that he will only have a brief appearance in Fast & Furious 7, which sets up an expanded role in the inevitable Fast & Furious 8. When asked if he plans on returning for Fast & Furious 8, the actor had this to say.

"That's going to be interesting. Because the character has been purposely been treated in a certain way »


- MovieWeb

Report a problem



Similar News Items

Universal Pictures [us]
Vin Diesel
Dwayne Johnson (I)


IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners