Talk about an Eye-popping number: CBS has been seeking half a million dollars from advertisers who want to tuck a 30-second commercial alongside the March 31 series finale of “How I Met Your Mother,” according to people familiar with the negotiations.
Not everyone will pay that sum. Advertisers who bought the program during last year’s “upfront” market, when networks seek to sell the bulk of their ad inventory for the fall season, were able to secure ad berths in the finale for between $300,000 and $350,000, according to these people.
Marketers forking over top dollar to be in the “Himym” finale will be paying a significant premium for the show compared to its normal run in the season. According to a recent Variety survey of primetime ad prices for the 2013-2014 season, the average cost of a 30-second spot in the show was $169,364. The series stars Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, »
- Brian Steinberg
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Turn Gets Final Season Premiere Date: Check Out the Patriotic Key Art (From TVLine.com. 25 April 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 4/25/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 April 2017, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Writers Guild members vote to authorise strike (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- Ugly Betty's Becki Newton Joins Divorce Season 2 as [Spoiler]'s New Love (From TVLine.com. 14 April 2017, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Peak TV Treasure: One Day at a Time (From TVLine.com. 12 April 2017, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Empire Season 3 Episode 12 Review: Strange Bedfellows (From TVfanatic. 5 April 2017, 8:45 PM, PDT)
Neil Patrick Harris
- Pot TV: Celebrate 4/20 By Watching the Most Memorable Stoner Shows (From Indiewire. 20 April 2017, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- Pot TV: Celebrate 4/20 By Watching the Most Memorable Stoner Shows (From Indiewire Television. 20 April 2017, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- See All the Stars’ Easter Snapshots — Including Who Indulged After Giving Up Chocolate for Lent (From PEOPLE.com. 17 April 2017, 8:20 AM, PDT)