Just in case anyone doubted “The Walking Dead” could continue the ratings surge its fourth season experienced last year, the staggering numbers AMC posted Sunday night should put any skepticism to rest. If beating everything in broadcast and cable in the 18-49 demographic was starting to seem anticlimactic at this point, the drama series managed to top the Olympics, too.
Because the word “hit” has been overused to the point of utter meaninglessness in the TV industry, it’s easy to overlook that we are witnessing an honest-to-god phenomenon in our midst. But make no mistake: “Walking” has a freakishly huge audience. Which begs a simple question: why?
Stifle the urge to retort, “It’s the zombies, stupid”; “Walking” is actually about as improbable a megahit as the TV industry has ever produced.
To simply chalk up the success of “Walking” to the viability of the horror genre is to misunderstand the show. »
- Andrew Wallenstein
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- The Walking Dead Season 6: 5 New Characters You Need To Know (From Obsessed with Film. 30 July 2015, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead season 6: new characters confirmed, images released (From Den of Geek. 30 July 2015, 1:08 AM, PDT)
- USA Network orders pilot of Idw’s Brooklyn Animal Control (From Flickeringmyth. 29 July 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)
"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Amazon To Release ‘Sneaky Pete,’ ‘Casanova’ Pilots On August 7 (From Tubefilter News. 29 July 2015, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- 'Scream' TV Series Renewed for Season 2 on MTV (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2015, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Remember's Christopher Plummer is front and centre in first poster (From Cineplex. 29 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Andrew Lincoln (I)
- 10 Reasons The Walking Dead Needs To End (From Obsessed with Film. 30 July 2015, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- 'Walking Dead' Season 6 Photos Introduce 2 New Characters (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2015, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- New 'Walking Dead' Season 6 Photos and Character Details Revealed (From Moviefone. 29 July 2015, 8:15 AM, PDT)