But the maverick helmer was in the German capital, and appeared at the film’s photo call in a black T-shirt with the Cannes logo on it, and the words “Persona non grata” emblazoned beneath.
During the press conference, the helmer’s modus operandi was very much the focus of all the actors’ comments.
“I’ve never been on a film where the director was so in command of every department,” said Christian Slater. “He has such soul.. a very kind heart.”
“It is not challenging at all to work with him,” said von Trier regular Stellan Skarsgard. “It is easier, and more fun.”
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsShia LaBeouf
- The Best Performances in Bad Movies — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 25 September 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Borg vs McEnroe review – a five-set thriller of a film (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 September 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf Says It's Fair Game to Call L.A. Bartender a Racist (From TMZ. 22 September 2017, 10:13 AM, PDT)
Lars von Trier
- ‘Woodshock’ Directors on Creating Their Hallucinatory Directorial Debut (From The Film Stage. 22 September 2017, 4:51 AM, PDT)
- A ‘mother!’ of a Vicious Commentary (From Age of the Nerd. 20 September 2017, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Review: ‘Thelma’ (From Variety - Film News. 15 September 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Theater’s Most Anticipated, Star-Studded Shows of the Fall Season (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 September 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 15 Stunning Actresses You Didn’t Know Are Secretly Incredibly Tall (From Screen Rant. 25 September 2017, 6:01 PM, PDT)
- A Pulp Fiction Reunion! Cast Gathers to Celebrate Quentin Tarantino’s Engagement in New York (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 10:19 AM, PDT)