Director: Tom Petch.
Running Time: 83 minutes.
Synopsis: Afghanistan, Helmand Province becomes one of the most dangerous places on Earth as the British Army deploys into the Taliban heartland. An overextended British Army patrol struggles to keep it together under increasingly tough conditions.
In 2014 the scheduled pull-out of British troops from operations in Afghanistan is set to be completed, 13 years and 447 lives after the mission began. Many within the Army and those who have studied the mission have been deeply critical of the operations. British writer/director Tom Petch served in the British Army for eight years and his debut feature (the first British fictional film to focus on the conflict) follows an isolated patrol group who begin to question their role in the war when problems hit.
From the beginning camera shots sweeping over the barren Afghan landscape, »
- Victoria Bull
Similar News ItemsThe Hurt Locker (2008)
- Nancy Kirkpatrick Out as Lionsgate, Summit Merge Marketing Operations (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2014, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier crosses $500 million at the global box office (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2014, 3:10 AM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner to Narrate History's The World Wars (From Comingsoon.net. 16 April 2014)
- TV Show About Greta Garbo And Marlene Dietrich Planned (From EmpireOnline. 16 April 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Why Ray Winstone Is Perfect for That 'Point Break' Remake (Clips) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 9 April 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- La film fest announces Lisa Cholodenko as Guest Director and special award for Spc honchos (From Hitfix. 8 April 2014, 5:24 PM, PDT)