Director: Tom Petch.
Running Time: 83 minutes.
Synopsis: Afghanistan, Helmand Province becomes one of the most dangerous places on Earth as the British Army deploys into the Taliban heartland. An overextended British Army patrol struggles to keep it together under increasingly tough conditions.
In 2014 the scheduled pull-out of British troops from operations in Afghanistan is set to be completed, 13 years and 447 lives after the mission began. Many within the Army and those who have studied the mission have been deeply critical of the operations. British writer/director Tom Petch served in the British Army for eight years and his debut feature (the first British fictional film to focus on the conflict) follows an isolated patrol group who begin to question their role in the war when problems hit.
From the beginning camera shots sweeping over the barren Afghan landscape, »
- Victoria Bull
Similar News ItemsThe Hurt Locker (2008)
- Predict Best Sound Editing Oscar: Will it match Sound Mixing again? (From Gold Derby. 22 November 2015, 2:34 AM, PST)
- Predict Best Sound Mixing Oscar: Will action ('Mad Max,' 'Star Wars') beat music ('Straight Outta Compton')? (From Gold Derby. 21 November 2015, 4:34 PM, PST)
- MGM And Lionsgate Provide Movies To Tubi TV After Buying Equity Stakes (From Deadline. 19 November 2015, 6:58 AM, PST)
- Win ‘The Wolfpack’ on DVD (From The Hollywood News. 26 November 2015, 12:28 AM, PST)
- ‘Point Break’ remake sends extreme sports to the world of eco-terrorism (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 6:06 PM, PST)
- Norwegian filmmaker Roar Uthaug set to direct Tomb Raider reboot (From JoBlo. 18 November 2015, 4:56 AM, PST)
- DVD Review – The Patrol (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 21 April 2014, 1:07 AM, PDT)
- Epic goes on The Patrol (From ScreenDaily. 12 March 2014, 3:16 AM, PDT)