The film will open the Generations section of the 64th Berlinale this weekend. It will also be screened in March at South by Southwest.
Amplify will release the film theatrically in the U.S. early this fall, with a home video release to follow.
“God Help the Girl” is written, directed and features original songs by Belle & Sebastian frontman Murdoch. It’s produced by Barry Mendel (“The Royal Tenenbaums”) and stars Emily Browning, Olly Alexander, and Hannah Murray as three friends joined together by music and its possibilities over a summer in Glasgow.
“God Help the Girl” received a special jury award at Sundance.
“As someone who honestly believes that a single great pop song can save the world, imagine my delight that a perfectly-crafted »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsEmily Browning (I)
- Berlinale 2017: Golden Exits Review (From HeyUGuys. 12 February 2017, 10:45 AM, PST)
- Golden Exits review [Berlinale]: Dir. Alex Ross Perry (2017) (From The Hollywood News. 12 February 2017, 1:54 AM, PST)
- Sundance 2017. Correspondences #5 (From MUBI. 31 January 2017, 2:57 PM, PST)
The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
- U.S. Neighbor Mexico Will Bridge Festival Walls at Berlin (From Variety - Film News. 11 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- I'm so glad we had this link together (From FilmExperience. 4 February 2017, 11:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Behind Enemy Lines’ Is Becoming a TV Series at Fox (From Slash Film. 28 January 2017, 2:27 PM, PST)
Hannah Murray (I)
- Skins: revisiting E4’s teen anthology 10 years on (From Den of Geek. 24 January 2017, 9:58 AM, PST)
- Annapurna Launches Distribution Arm With Kathryn Bigelow Detroit Riots Movie (From Variety - Film News. 20 January 2017, 12:55 PM, PST)
- Annapurna Pictures To Launch Distribution and Marketing Division with Kathryn Bigelow’s ‘Untitled Detroit Project’ (From Indiewire. 20 January 2017, 12:48 PM, PST)