Networking. Audience outreach. Opening up new markets. They sound like key words in an Mba program catalog, but those are three of the mandates of European Film Promotion.
Founded in 1997, Efp is an international web of orgs from 34 European countries promoting and marketing the continent’s cinema around the world. But the challenges that Efp faces go beyond putting up a stand at Berlin. Reaching new and young audiences, creating opportunities for producers to initiate co-productions, supporting marketing and sales and finding audiences for European films in emerging markets are its priorities.
The sexiest program that Efp backs is Shooting Stars, which spotlights 10 actors and puts them in the middle of the international film business at the Berlinale through panels and meetings with casting directors, producers, directors and the press. There’s also a Shooting Stars channel on YouTube.
- Carole Horst
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Was There Any Doubt Daniel Craig Would Return for Bond 25? (From TVovermind.com. 19 August 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Movie News: Here's What You Need to Know (From Movies.com. 18 August 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - John Boyega Confirms Cameos of Prince William, Prince Harry And Tom Hardy (From LRM Online. 18 August 2017, 4:38 PM, PDT)
- 10 Female-Directed Films to See This Season, From ‘Lady Bird’ to ‘Professor Marston & the Wonder Women’ (From Indiewire. 18 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- First Look Media’s Topic studio unveils scripted TV slate (From ScreenDaily. 17 August 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Has Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Rescued (or Ruined) Hollywood? (From Variety - Film News. 15 August 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Interview, Audio: Danielle Macdonald on Title Role in ‘Patti Cake$’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 17 August 2017, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- If There's 1 Thing Guaranteed to Make Daniel Craig Smile, It's His Wife, Rachel Weisz (From Popsugar. 16 August 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Confirms He Will Play James Bond Again (From PEOPLE.com. 15 August 2017, 9:19 PM, PDT)