After the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman from an apparent drug overdose on Sunday (Feb. 2), many celebrities offered their condolences to his family and friends, while remembering some of his most memorable roles. Former "X Factor" judge Demi Lovato was one of those sharing words in tribute to Hoffman, but she also used the moment to address drug addiction.
"I wish more people would lose the stigma and treat addiction as the deadly and serious Disease that it is," she writes in a long tweet. "Drugs are not something to glamorize in pop music or film to portray as harmless recreational fun. It's not cute, 'cool' or admire able [sic]."
Lovato has been open about her past struggles with drug and alcohol. She continues, "It's time people start really taking action on changing what we're actually singing/rapping about these days because you never know if you could be glamorizing »
Similar News ItemsDemi Lovato
- The Hottest Celebrity Beach Bods -- See the Pics! (From TooFab. 24 May 2015, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Nick Grimshaw hasn't been in X Factor talks, but would "love" to do the show (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 May 2015, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor 2015: Everything we know so far including the judges, auditions and rumours (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 May 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
"Desperate Housewives" (2004)
- Is Supergirl the Earliest Pilot Leak Ever? (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire (From National Ledger. 22 May 2015, 1:01 AM, PDT)
- Mimi Rogers Joins Ash Vs Evil Dead (From DailyDead. 20 May 2015, 1:57 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2011)
- David Walliams tells Simon Cowell: 'Cheryl doesn't take crap from anybody' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent's Entity Allstars: 'People will always compare us to Diversity' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Nick Grimshaw gets Olly Murs's X Factor backing: 'He ticks all the boxes' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 5:12 AM, PDT)