The veteran comic is due to return to the CBS comedy for another go-round in his Emmy-winning role of Sheldon (Jim Parsons) and Leonard's (Johnny Galecki) childhood idol Professor Proton, TVLine reports.
Newhart's return, to air later this season, will mark his third appearance on the series. He first popped up last season and made his encore this past November, in an episode that also welcomed a cameo from Bill Nye.
There are no details on what exactly brings Newhart's character back into our favorite nerds' lives, but you can bet it'll be funny.
"The Big Bang Theory" airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. Et/Pt on CBS. »
Similar News Items"The Big Bang Theory" (2007)
- Bull, 2 Broke Girls, Great Indoors: CBS Announces Finale Dates (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 March 2017, 5:39 PM, PDT)
- CBS Sets Season Finale Dates for ‘The Big Bang Theory,’ ‘NCIS,’ More (From Variety - TV News. 27 March 2017, 3:27 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 3/27/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 March 2017, 1:41 PM, PDT)
Jim Parsons (II)
- Highest-Paid TV Casts of All Time, by the Numbers (From E! Online. 23 March 2017, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Big Bang Theory’s Big Three Will Pocket $139 Million Each in First 12 Seasons (From TVovermind.com. 23 March 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- The Big Bang Theory renewed for two more seasons (From Den of Geek. 22 March 2017, 1:27 AM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: Johnny Galecki Gets Science Channel Series, ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Ratings (From Variety - TV News. 27 March 2017, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Sarah Silverman Talk Show, Difficult People Return and More (From TVLine.com. 27 March 2017, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Star Johnny Galecki Teams With Science Channel For ‘SciJinks’ (From Deadline TV. 27 March 2017, 8:45 AM, PDT)