Metalheads worldwide can argue for hours about what sub-genre of metal deserves to be the top of the heap, but if there is one thing that we can agree on, it is this: metal rules!
Born of electric blues, psychedelia and early ’70′s glam rock, metal originated in England during the late ’60′s and early ’70′s. Some purists insist that Led Zeppelin were progenitors of metal and it is commonly accepted that Tony Iommi and the boys in Black Sabbath deserve the title as the world’s first true metal band; their first four albums are considered the canon of early metal history for good reason.
One of the enduring qualities of heavy metal is the loyalty of its following across a broad demographic. At a recent Lamb of God show it was observed that the audience was represented by both guys and gals whose ages spanned from teens to 6o-somethings, »
- Reverend Rock
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney Are All About the Pda (From Popsugar. 27 November 2015, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Empire Recap: He Kissed a Girl (¡!¡!) — Did He Like It? (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2015, 9:01 PM, PST)
- Lady Gaga Named Guest Editor of V Magazine's January Issue (From E! Online. 25 November 2015)
- The Voice Top 12 Recap: This Is It! (Make No Mistakes or Get Gone) (From TVLine.com. 16 November 2015, 7:21 PM, PST)
- Watch: 7-Minute Video Essay Explores The Influence Of Mario Bava On Guillermo Del Toro's 'Crimson Peak' (From The Playlist. 12 November 2015, 12:21 PM, PST)
- Ozzy Osbourne Returns to Alamo for First Time Since Drunkenly Peeing on It in 1982 (From The Wrap. 6 November 2015, 8:52 AM, PST)
- 40 years ago today: Oscars-bound ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’ premiered (From Hitfix. 19 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- 'Suicide Squad' to 'Star Wars', the greatest trailers of 2015 (From Hitfix. 13 November 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Jeff Buckley Covers Sly and the Family Stone’s ‘Everyday People’ in a New Posthumous Covers Album (From Vulture. 12 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)