The trio believe that the golden age of hot hatchbacks was the decade of yuppies, Thatcher and Tom Selleck moustaches, and in the opening episode set out to prove just that.
Clarkson in a Volkswagen Golf Gti, Hammond in a Vauxhall Nova SRi and May in a Ford Fiesta XR2i set out on a trip of challenges, which include an unusual visit to the supermarket and an old Army base.
It was revealed earlier this week that Top Gear was the most requested show on iPlayer in 2014. The programme's Africa special racked up an incredible 3.4 million requests.
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- A Walk Among the Tombstones review: A towering Liam Neeson performance (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 September 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Filmmaker Team Comes Together to Invite ‘The Guest’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 16 September 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Director Adam Wingard and Screenwriter Simon Barrett Talk The Guest, the Fallacy of Boring Art Films, and Their Quest to Evolve (From Collider.com. 16 September 2014, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- New Downton Abbey Season 5 Additional Spoiler Teasers Dished Out By Castmembers (From OnTheFlix. 15 September 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Twenty Twelve spinoff W1A gets second series, Hugh Bonneville to return (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Ricky Gervais to peddle potions on ABC's musical 'Galavant' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 11 September 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Days of Past in The Future? Six 80s TV Shows ready for the big screen (From HeyUGuys. 11 September 2014, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Still Friends after all these years: the one about the 20th anniversary (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 September 2014, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- The Comeback's comeback: what to expect from season two (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 August 2014, 7:12 AM, PDT)