Wgn America has cracked the case of “Elementary,” acquiring rerun rights to CBS’ detective drama.
The Tribune Co. cabler’s deal for the Sherlock Holmes’ procedural follows on the heels of its purchase of rights to another CBS drama, “Person of Interest,” from Warner Bros. TV. The deals are part of the effort by the new regime at Tribune to makeover Wgn America into a home for original and acquired drama series.
The Wgn America pact also ensures that “Elementary,” now in its second year, will be renewed for a third season on CBS (not that there was much doubt). The rerun window on Wgn America is expected to begin after the show wraps its junior year on the network. “Person of Interest” reruns are also skedded to bow in 2015.
“ ‘Elementary’ is a first-rate drama and terrific addition to the lineup of compelling content that is redefining Wgn America,” said »
- Cynthia Littleton
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Batman vs. Superman begins filming, rumoured image of Ben Affleck's Batman surfaces (From Flickeringmyth. 10 March 2014, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Is This Ben Affleck as Batman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'? (From MovieWeb. 10 March 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- SXSW: Director Rob Thomas Predicts Nancy Drew-Like Future for ‘Veronica Mars’ (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Elementary Season 2 - Episode 12 Review (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Sherlock Series 3: 20 Canonical References You May Have Missed (From Obsessed with Film. 7 March 2014, 6:20 AM, PST)
- Tim’S Vermeer – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 March 2014, 2:21 PM, PST)
"Person of Interest" (2011)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/10/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 March 2014, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- TV Review: Believe, Season 1 Episode 1 “Pilot” (From ScifiMafia. 10 March 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Person of Interest's Jim Caviezel: 'Things will get intense for John' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)