Exclusive: Film is second work from director of critically acclaimed Buffalo Boy.
2030 is the second feature from Vietnamese director Nghiem-Minh Nguyen-Vo after his critically acclaimed Buffalo Boy, which was Vietnam’s Oscar submission in 2006 and screened at several festivals including Toronto, Rotterdam Locarno and Busan.
The film is set against the backdrop of a futuristic Vietnam, where global warming and rising sea levels have forced cultivation to be done on floating farms.
The storyline revolves around a woman investigating the death of her husband. In the process, she discovers that a floating farm, close to where her husband’s body was found floating, is a secret genetic engineering research laboratory run by a former lover.
Premium Films, which has expanded its activities to features sales over the last two years having originally focused on shorts »
Similar News ItemsRyan Gosling
- The Act of Killing wins top prize at first Guardian Film Awards (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 March 2014, 4:02 PM, PST)
- Iain De Caestecker on Ryan Gosling: 'I loved being around him' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 March 2014, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Ryan Gosling Hired a Dream Analyst for His Directorial Debut, How to Catch a Monster (From Vulture. 6 March 2014, 7:30 AM, PST)
ICM Partners [us]
- Bebe Neuwirth & Erich Bergen To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Madam Secretary’ (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2014, 6:15 PM, PST)
- Julia Stiles To Topline TNT Drama Pilot ‘Guilt By Association’ (From Deadline TV. 4 March 2014, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Newcomer Stacey McGunnigle Lands Lead In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Ellen More Or Less’ (From Deadline TV. 3 March 2014, 10:07 PM, PST)
Noaz Deshe (I)
- Sfiff unveils New Directors, Gga (From ScreenDaily. 6 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘White Shadow’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 February 2014, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Philomena to open Istanbul 2014 (From ScreenDaily. 30 January 2014, 5:28 AM, PST)