2000′s Pitch Black was a massive underground hit. It engendered a cult following and introduced the little-known Vin Diesel to much of the world well before his breakout role in the Fast & Furious films. The sequel, however, titled The Chronicles of Riddick, didn’t enjoy the same level of success, commercially or critically. Obviously, the fans were disappointed.
Last year’s Riddick made up for all that though and moviegoers got back on board with the character, enough to help the film reach number one in DVD and Blu-Ray sales during its first week of release. Due to this, Universal is now looking to move ahead with the fourth film in the franchise.
The news comes to us from Vin Diesel himself in the form of a celebratory video. Pausing from an ecstatic recital of Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse,” Diesel thanked his fans for the DVD and Blu-Ray success. »
- Anthony Nowicke
Similar News ItemsKaty Perry
- The 27 Met Gala Photos You Absolutely Need to See (From Popsugar. 5 May 2015, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Madonna and Katy Perry Could Not Have Had More Fun at the Met Gala (From Popsugar. 5 May 2015, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Madonna, Lady Gaga & Katy Perry End Their "Feud" at 2015 Met Gala! (From TooFab. 5 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel is Cursed in The Last Witch Hunter’s Teaser Trailer and Poster (From ShockYa. 4 May 2015, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Fast & Furious 7 climbs to fourth in the all time box office chart (From Flickeringmyth. 4 May 2015, 3:12 AM, PDT)
- The Last Witch Hunter trailer review – does Vin Diesel still cast his spell? (From The Guardian - Film News. 4 May 2015, 2:52 AM, PDT)
Dark Horse (2011)
- Katy Perry Rocks Super Short Blonde Wig For Wonderland Mag -- Like The Look?! (From TooFab. 1 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Sheffield Doc/Fest unveils MeetMarket projects (From ScreenDaily. 27 April 2015, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Eisner Award nominations (From Comicmix. 24 April 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)