Top brass at the 31st Miami International Film Festival (Miff) announced the full slate on January 28, which comprises 93 features and 28 shorts. The festival is set to run from March 7-16.
John Turturro will receive the career achievement award and the world premiere of Rob The Mob will screen as the Awards Night Gala, while the North American premiere of Michael Radford’s Elsa & Fred remake opens the festival.
Among the Knight Documentary Competition selection is Joe Berlinger’s Whitey: United States Of America v James J Bulger (pictured) and the North American premiere of Marianne Lamour’s The Art Rush (France).
Four entries compete for a total of $10,000 in the Lexus Ibero-American Opera Prima Competition for first-time feature filmmakers emerging from Spain, Portugal and Latin America.
The films are: »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsJohn Turturro
- Alchemy acquires 'Mia Madre' (From ScreenDaily. 20 May 2015, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: ‘The Lobster’ Selling to Alchemy (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2015, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- Deadline Hollywood Captures the Croisette – Cannes Photo Gallery (From Deadline. 19 May 2015, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Brett Morgen: The Making of 'Montage of Heck's Mad Scientist (From Hitfix. 1 May 2015, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- ‘Paradise Lost’ Co-Director Bruce Sinofsky to Be Honored at New York Memorial Service (From The Wrap. 27 March 2015, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Jinx’ Ushers in Golden Age for Documentaries, Fueled By Netflix Push (From Variety - TV News. 24 March 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
Michael Radford (I)
- Cannes: Selton Mello’s Vincent Cassel starrer ‘A Movie Life’ Shoots in South Brazil (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2015, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Elsa & Fred DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 28 April 2015, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Six British Movies & TV Shows to Get You in the Mood for the General Election (From Flickeringmyth. 18 April 2015, 1:55 AM, PDT)