Sci-fi action/horror Pitch Black introduced audiences to survivalist Richard B. Riddick, played by then relative-unknown Vin Diesel; that cult hit gave rise to a bigger-budgeted followup, The Chronicles of Riddick, which under-performed both critically and financially. However, after nine years of stop-and-go progress and relative shoestring budgeting, a third installment was released last year, in the form of Riddick.
Riddick – once again directed by David Twohy – managed to eclipse its $38 million budget in the U.S. and grossed $98 million around the globe. That made the movie a profitable endeavor (not accounting for marketing), but it wasn’t clear if that was good enough to keep Universal interested in making a fourth Riddick installment… until ...
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsVin Diesel
- New Fast And Furious 7 Superbowl 2015 Teaser Movie Clip Released (From OnTheFlix. 29 January 2015, 1:49 PM, PST)
- Super Bowl 2015 Movie Trailers (From MovieWeb. 29 January 2015, 1:06 PM, PST)
- New dates set for Paranormal Activity 5 and new Ring film (From Flickeringmyth. 29 January 2015, 2:36 AM, PST)
- Watch James Gunn do the Baby Groot dance from Guardians of the Galaxy (From Flickeringmyth. 13 January 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)
- ‘The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay’ handily bests its film counterpart (From SoundOnSight. 3 January 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Guardians of the Galaxy concept art features Ronan and Xandar attack (From Flickeringmyth. 30 December 2014, 8:28 AM, PST)
- Alien 3: the story ideas that never made it to the screen (From Den of Geek. 12 January 2015, 8:46 AM, PST)
- Riddick director tackling new time travel movie, Replay (From Den of Geek. 2 November 2014, 10:51 PM, PST)
- "Riddick" Helmer To Press "Replay" (From Dark Horizons. 31 October 2014, 7:47 PM, PDT)