Sci-fi action/horror Pitch Black introduced audiences to survivalist Richard B. Riddick, played by then relative-unknown Vin Diesel; that cult hit gave rise to a bigger-budgeted followup, The Chronicles of Riddick, which under-performed both critically and financially. However, after nine years of stop-and-go progress and relative shoestring budgeting, a third installment was released last year, in the form of Riddick.
Riddick – once again directed by David Twohy – managed to eclipse its $38 million budget in the U.S. and grossed $98 million around the globe. That made the movie a profitable endeavor (not accounting for marketing), but it wasn’t clear if that was good enough to keep Universal interested in making a fourth Riddick installment… until ...
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsVin Diesel
- Wamg’s 2015 Fall Movie Preview (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 September 2015, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- Fast & Furious 7 Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 2 September 2015, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel Teases Plans for a Sequel to The Iron Giant (From HeyUGuys. 1 September 2015, 5:08 AM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel confirmed for Groot return in Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 August 2015, 3:26 AM, PDT)
- xXx 3 to finally shoot this winter, Vin Diesel confirms (From Den of Geek. 24 August 2015, 10:34 PM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel Set to Return as Xander Cage in New xXx Sequel (From Filmonic. 24 August 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- 'Waterworld': 20 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Kevin Costner's Epic (From Moviefone. 28 July 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- 50 forgotten sci-fi films from the 1990s (From Den of Geek. 16 July 2015, 3:25 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Self/less’ (From Variety - Film News. 4 July 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)