Marvel is still focusing on “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” which arrives in April, but sources tell Variety that Anthony and Joe Russo will be back in the director’s chair for a third installment, even though it hasn’t yet been officially greenlit.
Marvel and Russo’s reps had no comment.
Negotiations wouldn’t begin till after ‘Winter Soldier’ bows but sources say Marvel has been so impressed with the production of “Winter Soldier,” as well as with strong results from recent test screenings, that the studio has moved fast to attach the brothers to the next installment.
Since many of the actors have options for a third installment, a threequel is likely in the cards as long as “Winter Soldier” performs well.
A writer and release date are still pending for “Captain America 3″ but sources say Marvel and the Russos are already putting together an outline of what »
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsIron Man (2008)
- Thomas Jane Takes The Lead In The Expanse For Syfy (From We Got This Covered. 12 July 2014, 5:29 AM, PDT)
- MTV Officially Picks Up Shannara TV Series (From ComicBookMovie. 11 July 2014, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Thomas Jane To Lead Syfy's "Expanse" Series (From Dark Horizons. 11 July 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- Will Marvel Pounce On "Black Panther" ? (From SneakPeek. 13 July 2014, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Could Replacements Actors Keep the Avengers Franchise Going After the Original Cast Leaves? (From Cinelinx. 12 July 2014, 11:38 PM, PDT)
- Halfway Mark: The Best TV Episodes of 2014 (So Far), Part 3 (From SoundOnSight. 12 July 2014, 6:19 PM, PDT)
Chris Evans (V)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" Updates (From SneakPeek. 13 July 2014, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- Snowpiercer – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 13 July 2014, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Stan Lee Wants to Cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Worst Previews. 13 July 2014, 3:48 AM, PDT)