Wilman - who has worked on the BBC Two show for all 21 series - explained that it provided "an hour a week where absolutely nothing is achieved, but the path to 9-year-old escapism is briefly lit up".
When asked if the show may start maturing, he stated that after looking at the upcoming episodes, "almost everything we'd filmed was, once again, aimed at people with a mental age of 9".
He said: "I gave that last point some thought and quickly realised that it was too important to mess around with.
"If you're actually 9, you need something to watch that isn't a computer screen. And if you're 29, 39 or 59, part of your »
Similar News Items"Top Gear" (2002)
- Orphan Black Season 5 Finally Reveals the Clones' Origins — See First Photos (From TVLine.com. 22 March 2017, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Top Gear America: BBC America Orders Spinoff Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 March 2017, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- New ‘Top Gear’ Us Spinoff Ordered By BBC America (From The Wrap. 20 March 2017, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Top Gear: Matt LeBlanc defends new 'Swiss army knife' team (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 March 2017, 3:49 AM, PST)
- MipTV: Amazon’s Roy Price, Mtg’s Jorgen Madsen Lindemann Join Keynote Speakers (From Variety - TV News. 3 March 2017, 4:53 AM, PST)
- It's all riding on you, Matt LeBlanc! Here's how to save Top Gear (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 March 2017, 4:42 AM, PST)
James May (II)
- ‘Top Gear’ Gets U.S. Version With ‘The Dark Knight’s’ William Fichtner as Host (From Indiewire Television. 20 March 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- ‘Top Gear’ Gets U.S. Version With ‘The Dark Knight’s’ William Fichtner as Host (From Indiewire. 20 March 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- BBC America Adds New American ‘Top Gear’ to Slate (From Variety - TV News. 20 March 2017, 8:35 AM, PDT)