Terry Gilliam, the man behind such trippy, outlandish cinematic voyages as The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and 12 Monkeys is at it again. The trailer for his latest, The Zero Theorem, has hit the web…and it’s a doozy. The movie looks strange. I mean, really strange. Looks like Clockwork Orange by way of Cool World, with Verhoeven’s Total Recall thrown in, a bit of Blade Runner, a dash of Inception, and props and costumes that were on loan from the local porn studio.
But at least you can tell that it’s by design. Gilliam, with his eccentric eye, knows exactly what he’s doing with this bizarre mish-mash, even if the trailer struggles to summarize what the film is about. Go ahead, take a peak and see how you feel about it.
- Mario-Francisco Robles
Similar News ItemsMatt Damon
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again” (From Deadline TV. 21 April 2017, 8:31 PM, PDT)
- Best Actor - April Foolish Oscar Predix (From FilmExperience. 20 April 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Jimmy Kimmel Replaces Bill O’Reilly Show With ‘The Guillerm O’Factor’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 20 April 2017, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- Why Sony Has the Advantage Over Four Studio Rivals in a James Bond Bidding War (From Indiewire. 20 April 2017, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Alexander Payne in La Greek Film Festival honour (From ScreenDaily. 12 April 2017, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- 'The Fate of the Furious' Review: Vin Diesel Rides High on Fumes (From Rolling Stone. 11 April 2017, 12:24 PM, PDT)
Blade Runner (1982)
- 5 Perfect Shots With Ben Wheatley (From FilmSchoolRejects. 21 April 2017, 1:42 PM, PDT)
- Arrow Video’s July Releases Include Re-animator 4K Restoration Limited Edition Blu-ray (From DailyDead. 21 April 2017, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- Zoe Saldana Lobbying For Role In Denis Villeneuve’s Dune Reboot (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 8:43 AM, PDT)