Following the smash-hit success of 2012’s Pitch Perfect, which netted way over $100m. around the world and scooped a handful of awards along the way, the film’s original producer Elizabeth Banks is now set to make her feature directorial debut helming Pitch Perfect 2.
Not only did the original do well at the box office, its soundtrack has gone on to break records since its release. Initially the sixth-highest best-selling album in 2012, it became the best-selling soundtrack of last year, and currently stands as the best-selling soundtrack in digital history, with Anna Kendrick’s song, Cups, impressively peaking at number 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 out in the Us, a feat rarely achieved by songs from the movies.
Add to »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsElizabeth Banks (II)
- All About Patti Cake$' Danielle Macdonald: How an Australian Became the Ultimate Rapping Jersey Girl (From PEOPLE.com. 18 August 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Hamilton' L.A. Premiere Draws Tons of Stars (From TMZ. 17 August 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Music Video Attacks Trump With the Power of Wonder Woman & Khaleesi — Watch (From Indiewire. 16 August 2017, 11:10 AM, PDT)
Anna Kendrick (I)
- Blake Lively’s Spy Thriller ‘The Rhythm Section’ Lands at Paramount (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2017, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- Could Pitch Perfect 4 Happen? Here's What Anna Kendrick Says (From Cinema Blend. 14 August 2017, 8:51 AM, PDT)
- The Bellas reunite in new image from Pitch Perfect 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 12 August 2017, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- 10 Female-Directed Films to See This Season, From ‘Lady Bird’ to ‘Professor Marston & the Wonder Women’ (From Indiewire. 18 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- 14 Blockbusters to See This Season, From ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ to ‘Blade Runner 2049’ and Many More (From Indiewire. 17 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Rebel Wilson Takes Over as PeopleStyle's Editor-in-Chief for a Day (From PEOPLE.com. 15 August 2017, 11:36 AM, PDT)