If you've been following development of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 then you'll probably have guessed this already due to the number of characters - and more specifically villains - that are set to feature, but director Marc Webb has described the upcoming solo sequel as "huge", as well as "the most ambitious" Spider-Man movie to date.
"It's huge," Webb tells Total Film. "We're pushing the levels of effects, the level of action and the emotional capacity of this kid. It's an aggressive step forward. We throw around the term 'operatic' because of the spectacle and the theatre involved, which is pretty epic. There are enormous sets and great set-pieces. But really it's a very intimate song – this relationship between Peter and Gwen is very delicate and beautiful."
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsEmma Stone (III)
- SAG Awards experts: 'Birdman' will win Best Ensemble (From Gold Derby. 24 December 2014, 6:06 AM, PST)
- Can't-Miss Celebrity Pics! (From Popsugar. 23 December 2014, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Top Ten Movies of 2014 (From Rope Of Silicon. 23 December 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
Andrew Garfield (I)
- Taylor Swift's Top 7 Besties of 2014, Ranked (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 11:53 AM, PST)
- Could Marvel And Sony Reach A Deal That Allows Spider-Man To Appear In Civil War And Avengers: Infinity War? (From We Got This Covered. 22 December 2014, 8:25 AM, PST)
- 'Spider-Man' Reboot Details Reveal Marvel and Sony's Plan (From MovieWeb. 20 December 2014, 8:54 AM, PST)
- News Nuggets: 'The Hobbit' finale torches American box office (From Gold Derby. 22 December 2014, 7:30 AM, PST)
- 2014: A Look Back at Three Big Hollywood Roles for Three Young Women (From SoundOnSight. 21 December 2014, 12:55 PM, PST)
- ‘Annie’s’ Sun Comes Out at Box Office Despite Sony’s Dark Days of Downloads, Harsh Reviews (From The Wrap. 21 December 2014, 11:31 AM, PST)