The strand will comprise 5 x 30-minute dramas, with a five-week shoot launching in London this week ahead of broadcast later this year. Director Dominic Savage will oversee all five episodes, which are connected by an explosive secret.
Playwrights Nick Payne and Elinor Cook make their TV debut for the strand, alongside emerging talents Ben Ockrent and Sarah Solemani. Executive producers are Juliette Howell for Working Title Television and Lucy Richer for the BBC. The strand was commissioned by Ben Stephenson, controller, BBC drama commissioning, and BBC1 controller Charlotte Moore.
The first of two episodes from Payne will star Olivia Colman, Alison Steadman and Steve Oram in the story of a vet expecting her first child, who has access to drugs that put pets to sleep, and a mother who is chronically ill and »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Andreas Wiseman)
Similar News ItemsSally Hawkins (I)
- Cate Blanchett on Crafting a Career, One Choice at a Time: Awards Season Flashback (From Indiewire. 24 February 2017, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Sally Hawkins Captures The Enduring Spirit Of Canadian Folk Artist ‘Maudie’ In New Trailer With Ethan Hawke (From The Playlist. 23 February 2017, 1:58 PM, PST)
- ‘My Entire High School Sinking Into the Sea’ Trailer: Hilariously Bizarre Comedy on the Brink of the End of the World — Watch (From Indiewire. 23 February 2017, 10:43 AM, PST)
BBC One [gb]
- Bring Out the Note Cards! Keira Knightley and Andrew Lincoln to Reunite in Love Actually Mini-Sequel (From PEOPLE.com. 24 February 2017, 12:56 PM, PST)
- The Missing: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three on Starz? (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 February 2017, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Sir Patrick Stewart says Logan is definitely his last X-Men movie (From The Hollywood News. 23 February 2017, 10:27 AM, PST)
- Broadchurch review: a new case – and new life – for the crime drama (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 February 2017, 11:20 PM, PST)
- Broadchurch recap: series three, episode one – an eerie and very promising start (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 February 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Will the last Broadchurch be a return to gripping drama? The signs are good (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 February 2017, 5:02 AM, PST)