Watching a Godfrey Reggio movie is like hearing somebody brag about not owning a TV — it's insufferable as much for being sanctimonious as for being utterly clichéd.
Reggio remains best known for Koyaanisqatsi, a nonfiction film whose time-lapse cityscape photography and grandly arpeggiated score drew attention away from its shallow, self-righteous thesis.
You may recall the film's original subheading: "Life Out of Balance," the title's English translation and a point underlined, in one montage of contemporary disorder after another, in the thickest felt tip pen.
Alas, life hasn't straightened itself out much in the 32 years since Koyaanisqatsi — and Reggio hasn't grown any less tiresomely indignant. The complaints lev »
Similar News ItemsGodfrey Reggio
- Film Review: ‘The Seer: A Portrait of Wendell Berry’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2016, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- Joshua Reviews James Solomon’s The Witness [Theatrical Review] (From CriterionCast. 4 June 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- The Naked Island (From Trailers from Hell. 9 May 2016, 6:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Voyage Of Time’ Trailer: Terrence Malick Embarks On His Most Ambitious Journey Ever (From Indiewire. 30 June 2016, 6:10 AM, PDT)
- 'Sherpa' Director Jennifer Peedom's 'Koyaanisqatsi' Homage, 'Mountain,' Acquired by Submarine and Dogwoof (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 November 2015, 9:21 AM, PST)
- Vicious Vinyl: The Beyond, Candyman II, & Frizzi 2 Fulci Dropping This Week! (From Icons of Fright. 6 October 2015, 5:33 PM, PDT)