Failure is inevitable. Success is elusive.
As HBO’s CEO, Michael Fuchs, who’d come up through the company’s programming side, had spent 11 years working to transform the service from a movie channel with some pleasant original filler into a true programming platform. Ironically, Fuchs’ vision wouldn’t come to full fruit until after he’d left the company in May 1995, and it would happen under a guy who had no programming experience at all: Jeff Bewkes, who took over the CEO’s slot after Fuchs’ departure.
A friend of mine in the company who’d worked with Bewkes once explained his programming philosophy while we were talking about some of the company’s big dollar extravaganzas, like Band of Brothers. Bewkes didn’t interfere with the creative side. “If you can make it make business sense to him, Jeff’ll say, ‘Go ahead.’ If you can »
- Bill Mesce
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- The Furniture: Who Should Win the Emmys for Production Design (From FilmExperience. 21 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Finale Trailer: Jon Snow Prepares for the Greatest War Yet (From Indiewire. 21 August 2017, 5:49 AM, PDT)
- 'Game Of Thrones' star joins Milo Gibson in WWII drama 'Hurricane' (From ScreenDaily. 21 August 2017, 5:42 AM, PDT)
- You Can Watch ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind’ at The Devil’s Tower in Wyoming (From Slash Film. 21 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Jurassic World Evolution Theme Park Simulator Announced from Planet Coaster (From MovieWeb. 20 August 2017, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind’ 4K Blu-ray Debut Coming in September (From TheHDRoom. 20 August 2017, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Enter George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’ in New Trailer (From The Film Stage. 21 August 2017, 5:10 AM, PDT)
- ‘Suburbicon’ Trailer: There Goes The Neighborhood (From The Playlist. 21 August 2017, 4:48 AM, PDT)
- Lisa Edelstein Opens Up About Being a Stepmom: ‘Children Will Let You Know What They Need From You’ (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 August 2017, 10:33 AM, PDT)