There's always been something about popular horror films that's undeniably sexy. It may seem weird to someone who's not a fan of the genre to consider that the creepy themes, jolting frights and even slasher sagas often have sexual elements. But more often than not, it's true.
For some, it's simply the tie-in between heightened senses and sexuality. There are even scientific, psychological ties between fear, adrenaline and arousal that explain why something about getting scared out of your mind can be oddly sexy. Then of course there's also the fact that horror films are so common for date nights (it's just a great excuse to "comfort" one another).
In some cases the tie between horror and sex has become a bit more blatant. For example, there's no denying the sexualization of vampires in the Twilight series! Taking things a step further, Adam & Eve's adult video section even features a »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Critical Mass: Can 'The Maze Runner' find a way out of the Ya wilderness? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 19 September 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Harry Styles, Zoë Kravitz and Chris Pine Enjoy Coldplay Concert in Los Angeles—Get the Details! (From E! Online. 18 September 2014, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- First Look: Cobie Smulders & Guy Pearce In Andrew Bujalski's 'Results' (From The Playlist. 18 September 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
Megan Fox (I)
- 40 Reasons Why We Love Jimmy Fallon, in Honor of His 40th Birthday (From PEOPLE.com. 19 September 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Transformers 5: What We Know So Far (From Cinema Blend. 16 September 2014, 2:47 PM, PDT)
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Featurette: Creating the Turtles (From MovieWeb. 15 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Shonda Rhimes and her stars fire back at 'New York Times' critic (From EW.com - Inside TV. 19 September 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Halle Berry Switches Up New Hairstyle with Curls and a Trim: See the Picture (From Us Weekly. 19 September 2014, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Ratings Analysis: 'Mysteries' debut shines, 'Red Band Society' draws young women (From Hitfix. 18 September 2014, 4:28 PM, PDT)