The guild awards nominations are on a roll.
“Lone Ranger” and “One Chance” are the surprise entries that lead the film pack for the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards. On the TV front, “Breaking Bad” and “American Horror Story: Coven” are two of the top shows, with two noms each. Commercials and theater productions round out the list.
Winners of the 14 categories, including contemporary and period make-up and hair styling, will be announced on Feb. 15 at Paramount Studios. Voting for the awards begins online for the guild’s 1,800-plus members on Jan. 21 and closes at 5 p.m. Feb. 11.
According to president Susan Cabral-Ebert, the guild received more than three times as many entrees worldwide (from film, TV, commercials and theater) than it had anticipated.
- Maane Khatchatourian
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- XLrator Media Acquires North American Rights to Horror Thriller The Windmill; Being Released This October via Its MacAbre Label (From Icons of Fright. 28 July 2016, 4:40 PM, PDT)
- First Trailer For Matt Damon’s Monster Flick The Great Wall (From TheMovieBit. 28 July 2016, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Dutch Horror The Windmill Coming this October! (From QuietEarth. 28 July 2016, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Grant Gustin Hopes Joss Whedon Will Helm An Episode Of The Flash (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2016, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- Beaches Remake Set at Lifetime, With Idina Menzel in Bette Midler Role (From TVLine.com. 28 July 2016, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Have you seen "Sing Street" yet? (From FilmExperience. 28 July 2016, 7:29 AM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Hot Toys Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman (Blue Chrome Version) Cosbaby (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- #SDCC16: See the Full Skybound/The Walking Dead Comics Panel (From Dread Central. 28 July 2016, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Gory new images from The Walking Dead season 7 released (From HeyUGuys. 28 July 2016, 12:48 PM, PDT)