Zachary Leeman: Let’s start by breaking down how you started in the business? How did you first become a paid screenwriter? Explain the hustle to me and to aspiring screenwriters that may be reading this.
John Sullivan: Growing up, I thought I wanted to be a novelist. I read voraciously. My addictions were mostly Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Herbert and the occasional Tom Clancy actioner. I was a little too young to understand the political thrillers, but I tried. I attempted a few half-written books, and they were terrible. It wasn’t until I was 14 or so that I understood what a screenwriter did. I was an enormous movie fan.
I never played sports, I wasn’t incredibly social and so I watched 2-3 movies a day. »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- New X-men: Days Of Future Past Featurette; "Bringing The Two Eras Of X-Men Together" (From ComicBookMovie. 23 September 2014, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer Confirmed To Direct X-Men: Apocalypse (From Cinelinx. 23 September 2014, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer Officially Set For ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 September 2014, 11:54 PM, PDT)
- Ranking the Film's of David Fincher: From 'Alien 3' to 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' (From Rope Of Silicon. 23 September 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Aaron Paul joins Jamie Dornan in The 9th Life of Louis Drax (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 September 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- ‘Divergent’s Neil Burger To Helm Spy Thriller ‘All The Old Knives’ (From Deadline New York. 23 September 2014, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Paul Schrader, Nicolas Refn, Producers Talk ‘Light’ Troubles (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 23 September 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Fast & Furious 7 Is Almost Done, And This Is How Vin Diesel Celebrated (From Cinema Blend. 23 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- China Box Office: 'Planet of the Apes' Reigns as 'Non-Stop' Opens Strongly (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 September 2014, 9:32 PM, PDT)