The Golden Globes are often full of surprises, and this year was no exception, especially as the many TV categories added an extra layer of unexpected wins.
Film Awards: Biggest Surprises
“12 Years a Slave’s” best drama win was probably the biggest surprise of the night, as many awards observers thought the film hadn’t appealed to the Hollywood Foreign Press with its very American theme and relative lack of star power, despite its near-unanimous critical acclaim. But the final win was a fitting capper for a show that had any number of counter-intuitive moments.
Completely shut out were “Nebraska” with five nominations, “Captain Phillips” with four, “Inside Llewyn Davis” with three, “Philomena” with three and “Rush” with two, including best drama motion picture.
Proving that extreme weight loss is indeed the path to winning, Matthew McConaughey’s drama actor win nonetheless surprised, given the Hollywood Foreign Press’ love of »
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Win Inside Amy Shumer Season 3 on DVD (3 Winners) (From TheHDRoom. 24 November 2015, 7:40 PM, PST)
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After 2014 Car Accident: ''I Went to the Other Side'' (From E! Online. 24 November 2015, 5:06 PM, PST)
- Cool Videos: Jon Hamm & Emma Stone audition for Star Wars in this SNL skit (From JoBlo. 24 November 2015, 11:21 AM, PST)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- ‘Point Break’ remake sends extreme sports to the world of eco-terrorism (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 6:06 PM, PST)
- What Jennifer Lawrence Likes About Working With Chris Pratt (From Cinema Blend. 24 November 2015, 6:01 PM, PST)
- Box Office Democracy: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (From Comicmix. 24 November 2015, 4:30 PM, PST)
"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Win a copy of the updated 'The Revolution Was Televised'! (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 1:50 PM, PST)
- AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 11/24/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 November 2015, 1:29 PM, PST)
- 25 years later, Kevin Bacon is returning to one of his most beloved roles (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 12:27 PM, PST)