The Golden Globes are often full of surprises, and this year was no exception, especially as the many TV categories added an extra layer of unexpected wins.
Film Awards: Biggest Surprises
“12 Years a Slave’s” best drama win was probably the biggest surprise of the night, as many awards observers thought the film hadn’t appealed to the Hollywood Foreign Press with its very American theme and relative lack of star power, despite its near-unanimous critical acclaim. But the final win was a fitting capper for a show that had any number of counter-intuitive moments.
Completely shut out were “Nebraska” with five nominations, “Captain Phillips” with four, “Inside Llewyn Davis” with three, “Philomena” with three and “Rush” with two, including best drama motion picture.
Proving that extreme weight loss is indeed the path to winning, Matthew McConaughey’s drama actor win nonetheless surprised, given the Hollywood Foreign Press’ love of »
- Pat Saperstein
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Happy Friday: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Get 'Weekend Update' Action Figures (From Indiewire Television. 29 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Chris Farley Documentary Set for Summer Release (From Variety - Film News. 29 May 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Virgil Films acquires 'I Am Chris Farley' (From ScreenDaily. 29 May 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- 7 surprising Hollywood stars who love British reality TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 May 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse concept art (From Flickeringmyth. 29 May 2015, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- High Quality Version Of 'Cyclops' And 'Jean Grey' X-men: Apocalypse Concept Art Surfaces (From ComicBookMovie. 28 May 2015, 4:04 PM, PDT)
"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Halt And Catch Fire Season 2 Review (From We Got This Covered. 29 May 2015, 5:25 AM, PDT)
- Humans: Channel 4 confirm premiere date for robot drama (From Den of Geek. 29 May 2015, 12:27 AM, PDT)
- Periscope Piles Up 380 Years’ Worth of Broadcasts in Just 8 Weeks (From The Wrap. 28 May 2015, 6:56 PM, PDT)