Mark Millar gained critical acclaim at Marvel and DC for his work on titles like Superman: Red Son, The Ultimates and Civil War. The comic book writer has since embarked on a number of equally praised creator owned projects, many of which have been adapted to the big screen. These include Kick-Ass, Wanted and Matthew Vaughn’s upcoming take on Millar and Watchmen artist Dave Gibbon’s The Secret Service.
The comic book tells the story of a James Bond-like spy who recruits his rough around the edges nephew to battle a mysterious villain responsible for kidnapping a number of public figures, including Star Wars legend Mark Hamill. The movie has assembled an impressive cast which includes Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine and relative newcomer Taron Egerton.
In a recent interview with Comic Book Resources, Millar had this to say about his role as an executive producer »
- Josh Wilding
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- 311 days until Star Wars: A tiny ‘Rogue One’ spoiler to whet your appetite (From Hitfix. 9 February 2016, 2:56 PM, PST)
- Our First Look at One of Star Wars Land’s Rides? (From Slash Film. 9 February 2016, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One' Moves To 2018, Gets Out Of The Way Of 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' (From The Playlist. 9 February 2016, 1:59 PM, PST)
Samuel L. Jackson
- Samuel L. Jackson Was Almost Arrested When He Was Shooting Pulp Fiction (From Cinema Blend. 9 February 2016, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Haynes, Hhh, George Miller, Sean Baker & Bruno Dumont Lead the 2016 Ics Award Noms (From ioncinema. 8 February 2016, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Spoilers: And the post-credits scene from Deadpool is… (From Flickeringmyth. 8 February 2016, 1:58 PM, PST)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
- Let's Talk 'X-force' And A 'Deadpool' Budget Casualty (From LatinoReview. 9 February 2016, 7:58 AM, PST)
- 10 Actresses Who Made An Unexpected Splash In Popular Franchises (From Obsessed with Film. 9 February 2016, 1:22 AM, PST)
- X-Men: Apocalypse – lots of new images (From Den of Geek. 8 February 2016, 10:02 PM, PST)