Speaking to Yahoo Movies, Hill said: "They say you're not supposed to judge the character at all and I tried my hardest, but I couldn't really find that much I really liked about Donnie.
"I just didn't like the way that Donnie treated people, that was the thing I had the hardest time with."
The actor also spoke about his difficulty getting over a particular scene.
"There's a scene with a goldfish where I throw a lit cigarette at this kid and make him cry and fire him and eat his goldfish and it's really degrading.
"On the way home I would just be like "oh gosh, what did I do today?" I would feel bad."
Hill had to convince »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- C'mon Hollywood: Let's get Jim Carrey back on track! (From JoBlo. 10 March 2014, 8:19 PM, PDT)
- 12 Things You May Not Know About 'Black Christmas' (From FEARnet. 10 March 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men's' Elisabeth Moss is your totally cool and also famous friend (From Pop2it. 10 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- MTV Movie Awards: Will Paul Walker win posthumous prize for 'Fast and Furious 6'? (From Gold Derby. 10 March 2014, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Recommended Reading: Nic Pizzolatto looks back on True Detective, Critical Condition, Wes Anderson and more (From SoundOnSight. 10 March 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Movie News - Leonardo DiCaprio and Harry Styles Discuss Roles? (From National Ledger. 10 March 2014, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Our Favorite Performances: Leonardo DiCaprio in The Aviator (From Cinelinx. 10 March 2014, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- A Clockwork Orange: My Original Favorite Film (From SoundOnSight. 10 March 2014, 9:51 PM, PDT)
- One of the Most Influential Films Ever Made at London's BFI Southbank (From Alt Film Guide. 10 March 2014, 8:30 PM, PDT)