Speaking to Yahoo Movies, Hill said: "They say you're not supposed to judge the character at all and I tried my hardest, but I couldn't really find that much I really liked about Donnie.
"I just didn't like the way that Donnie treated people, that was the thing I had the hardest time with."
The actor also spoke about his difficulty getting over a particular scene.
"There's a scene with a goldfish where I throw a lit cigarette at this kid and make him cry and fire him and eat his goldfish and it's really degrading.
"On the way home I would just be like "oh gosh, what did I do today?" I would feel bad."
Hill had to convince »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Tracy Morgan May Never Perform Again After Bus Crash: "The Jury's Still Out," Says Lawyer (From E! Online. 1 October 2014, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- ‘SNL’ Host Sarah Silverman Takes Credit for Sketches You Never Knew She Wrote (Video) (From The Wrap. 1 October 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- The Angry Birds Movie Just Added All Of Your Favorite Comedians (From Cinema Blend. 1 October 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Diddy Thinks J Lo's Butt Is a "Work of Art" (From Popsugar. 1 October 2014, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Megan Ellison, Paramount Board Richard Linklater's Spiritual Sequel to ‘Dazed and Confused’ (From The Wrap. 29 September 2014, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- but is it a link post? (From FilmExperience. 29 September 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- St. Petersburg Intl. Media Forum Launches (From Variety - Film News. 1 October 2014, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- The Academy Celebrates The Opening of The Hollywood Costume Exhibition in Los Angeles (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 September 2014, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Don't Expect A New David Fincher Movie Anytime Soon, Here's Why (From Cinema Blend. 30 September 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)