Speaking to Yahoo Movies, Hill said: "They say you're not supposed to judge the character at all and I tried my hardest, but I couldn't really find that much I really liked about Donnie.
"I just didn't like the way that Donnie treated people, that was the thing I had the hardest time with."
The actor also spoke about his difficulty getting over a particular scene.
"There's a scene with a goldfish where I throw a lit cigarette at this kid and make him cry and fire him and eat his goldfish and it's really degrading.
"On the way home I would just be like "oh gosh, what did I do today?" I would feel bad."
Hill had to convince »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- This Dirty Dancing Live Parody Will Be Your New Favorite Ridiculous Thing (From BuzzSugar. 7 February 2016, 4:37 PM, PST)
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Stars, Ben Stiller And Owen Wilson Appear On SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’ (From Uinterview. 7 February 2016, 1:14 PM, PST)
- ABC Republican Debate Draws Big Saturday Audience: 13.2 Million Viewers (From Variety - TV News. 7 February 2016, 1:06 PM, PST)
- Oscars gift bag worth $200k to include breast lift, sex toy and walking tour of Japan (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 February 2016, 1:10 AM, PST)
- Ryan Gosling Gears Up For the Oscars at the Directors Guild Awards (From Popsugar. 7 February 2016, 5:35 PM, PST)
- 2016 Oscar Previews: Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 7 February 2016, 5:11 PM, PST)
- Bobby Cannavale Is Worried Martin Scorsese Spends Too Much Time With Him, in Today's Least Relatable Complaint (From Vulture. 6 February 2016, 5:38 AM, PST)
- Vinyl: HBO's '70s Drama Rocks Hard (Though Its Soul Is a Work in Progress) (From TVLine.com. 5 February 2016, 4:24 PM, PST)
- Morgan Freeman to Receive Chaplin Award from Film Society of Lincoln Center (From Variety - Film News. 5 February 2016, 9:57 AM, PST)