Speaking to Yahoo Movies, Hill said: "They say you're not supposed to judge the character at all and I tried my hardest, but I couldn't really find that much I really liked about Donnie.
"I just didn't like the way that Donnie treated people, that was the thing I had the hardest time with."
The actor also spoke about his difficulty getting over a particular scene.
"There's a scene with a goldfish where I throw a lit cigarette at this kid and make him cry and fire him and eat his goldfish and it's really degrading.
"On the way home I would just be like "oh gosh, what did I do today?" I would feel bad."
Hill had to convince »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Outrage Watch: Jim Breuer slams 'SNL' cast rankings - 'I lost all respect for Rolling Stone' (From Hitfix. 22 May 2015, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- First Wet Hot American Summer Photos: The Camp Firewood Gang Reunites (From TVovermind.com. 22 May 2015, 7:54 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Sells Yacht Dinner for $280,000 at Cannes amfAR Gala (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- What’s New on Netflix: June 2015 (From Vulture. 21 May 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Do You Remember the First Time These Stars Did the Late Show With David Letterman? (From Popsugar. 21 May 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Review: 'Hitchcock/Truffaut' Is An Enjoyable Appendix To An Essential Book (From The Playlist. 22 May 2015, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Spy (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 8:38 AM, PDT)
- MacBeth: Get A Glimpse Of Fassbender In Two Clips From Justin Kurzel's Film Adaptation (From Twitch. 22 May 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)