Jesse Plemons's star continues to burn ever brighter. The "Friday Night Lights" star-turned-"Breaking Bad" villain is reportedly now being considered to play the lead role in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII."
TheWrap heard from sources close to the production that Plemons is in contention for the lead role. According to the site, he will meet with director J.J. Abrams the week of Jan. 12. This is reportedly his second audition for the part.
While it's unclear what exactly the leading role is, some speculation is that Plemons could play the son of Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker. The favored rumor about "Star Wars: Episode VII" is that this movie will be about the children of Luke, Han and Leia, the main characters from the original three "Star Wars" movies.
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- The Unsung Heroes of Star Wars (From HeyUGuys. 16 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- The Noteworthy: Mubi + Tumblr, Friedkin Rediscoveries, Swallowing Celluloid (From MUBI. 15 April 2014, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- When Firefly meets Disney (From Shadowlocked. 15 April 2014, 3:12 PM, PDT)
- 'Flash Gordon' Reboot Moving Forward with 'Star Trek 3' Writers? (From MovieWeb. 15 April 2014, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- "Trek" Scribes Pen "Flash Gordon" Reboot"? (From Dark Horizons. 15 April 2014, 12:36 PM, PDT)
- Harrison Ford Talks Indiana Jones Vs. Han Solo, 'Blade Runner 2' and 'Expendables 3' (From MovieWeb. 14 April 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)
"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Breaking Bad: 13 Tie-In Products We’d Love To See (From Obsessed with Film. 16 April 2014, 3:32 AM, PDT)
- Sundance Channel set for UK (From ScreenDaily. 16 April 2014, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- Hilary Swank Becomes Tommy Lee Jones' Lifesaver in The Homesman Trailer—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 15 April 2014, 6:49 PM, PDT)