Warner Bros. Pictures
High expectations can make or break an artist, and no higher expectations exist for a creator than to helm a Hollywood blockbuster. While some artists thrive on ballooning budgets, busted deadlines and the boundaries of their sanity (ask Francis Ford Coppola), others crumble beneath the weight of all that mounting pressure. And do I mean pressure.
One need look no further than the journalistic lambasting that surrounded nearly every aspect of 2013′s The Lone Ranger (which wasn’t nearly as bad as everyone wanted you to think it was). In my opinion, director Gore Verbinski and producer Jerry Bruckheimer never even stood a chance, and they’re seasoned Hollywood vets.
So what about the newcomers? Every year and in seemingly greater numbers, fresh-faced directors used to handling small budgets on small projects are being handed the reins of massive franchise-hopefuls or highly-anticipated sequels and reboots. And even »
- G.Y. Haney
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Is Black Widow Appearing In "Spider-Man"? (From Dark Horizons. 29 July 2016, 9:35 PM, PDT)
- Avengers: Infinity War No Longer 2 Movies, Avengers 4 Now Untitled (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2016, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Will be One Movie, Not Two (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2016, 5:30 PM, PDT)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Match the president to the movie – quiz (From The Guardian - Film News. 26 July 2016, 5:25 AM, PDT)
- Bring The Nice Guys Home Next Month on Blu-Ray (From Cinelinx. 21 July 2016, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum’s all-male ‘Ghostbusters’ film was ‘never real?’ (From Hitfix. 17 July 2016, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Five Directors Who Could Direct ‘Top Gun 2’ (From The Hollywood News. 7 July 2016, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Fox Taps Brooke Bowman As Svp Drama Programming & Development (From Deadline TV. 5 July 2016, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- "Howards End" Gets A Re-Release Trailer (From Dark Horizons. 30 June 2016, 7:01 AM, PDT)