Iron Man 3 was a great superhero film and arguably the best in the Marvel franchise (second only to The Avengers). It did however cause quite a stir with the controversial twist revealed towards the climax of the film. This twist was of course that Ben Kingsley’s ‘Mandarin’ was in fact just a drunken British actor named Trevor Slattery, who was posing in the place of the films true villain Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce). This unexpected development was met with mixed response from Marvel fan-boys however many people (myself included) also found it brilliantly refreshing and pretty hilarious too.
Ben Kingsley’s side-splitting portrayal of the drunken Brit with a ‘little problem with substances’ was a joy to watch on screen and as a result the character will return for a short ‘One-Shot’ film attached to the Blu-ray of Thor: The Dark World. Previously Marvel Studios have attached One-Shot »
- Ben Read
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes’ list of highest-paid actors (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Gag Reel Footage From "Captain America: Civil War" (From SneakPeek. 26 August 2016, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Has Potential To Be Best Spidey Movie Yet, According To Anthony Russo (From We Got This Covered. 26 August 2016, 7:44 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Five Important Lessons Hollywood Needs To Learn (From Cinelinx. 27 August 2016, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- Jon Favreau to direct series premiere of Seth McFarlane’s sci-fi comedy series (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Bucky Vs. Captain America in Civil War Blu-Ray Preview (From MovieWeb. 27 August 2016, 11:54 AM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Why Marvel's TV Shows Need To Cut And Run From Marvel's Cinematic Universe Films (From LatinoReview. 26 August 2016, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Favorite Actors Named Chris: Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Pratt, and Chris Pine (From Cineplex. 26 August 2016, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Nude Photo Hacks: From Leslie Jones to Jennifer Lawrence (Photos) (From The Wrap. 25 August 2016, 12:50 PM, PDT)