Feature James Clayton 10 Jan 2014 - 06:24
The new year brings with it a wave of sombre dramas. James provides a solemn guide to these serious movies...
Real talk: it's high time you wiped that silly smile of your face, sunshine. We're in serious and sombre season and a cheery disposition is inappropriate during this difficult period. Please show some respectful decorum and put on your best po-face. Act accordingly, for these are grave times and we're grappling with grave issues.
Now that you've adopted the expression of an Easter Island statue you're ready to trip off to the cinema and watch all the sobering films that are being screened. Indeed, if you look at the release schedule for the next few weeks you'll found that there are a lot of solemn affairs on the slate and making their way into movie houses to exert an ominous presence. Expect much »
Similar News ItemsMichael Fassbender
- Michael K. Williams Lands Key Roles in ‘Assassin’s Creed,’ ‘Ghostbusters’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 6 July 2015, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Early 2016 Oscar Predictions: First Look at Best Actor (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 July 2015, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- X-men: Apocalypse Will Be “The True Birth of the X-Men” (From Collider.com. 6 July 2015, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Celebrities React to the USA Women's Soccer Team FIFA World Cup Victory (From Popsugar. 6 July 2015, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Beyonce, Fergie, Justin Timberlake, More Celebs React to USA Women's Soccer World Cup Final Victory (From Us Weekly. 6 July 2015, 1:46 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Amy (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 5 July 2015, 11:49 PM, PDT)
- Magic Mike Xxl Review (From TheMovieBit. 6 July 2015, 3:11 AM, PDT)
- Catch-up TV guide: from True Detective to Insane Fight Club 2 (From The Guardian - TV News. 6 July 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Robert Evans: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 5 July 2015, 1:02 PM, PDT)