Review Ron Hogan 9 Jan 2014 - 07:51
Ron celebrates American Horror Story's enduring weirdness. Here's his review of this week's episode...
This review contains spoilers.
3.10 The Magical Delights Of Stevie Nicks
When you're dealing with a show that uses shock the way most shows use a laugh track, the idea of giving away a big guest star in the title of an episode seems a little counterproductive. Rather than, say, surprising the audience with the presence of Stevie Nicks, the show announces, “Hey, we have Stevie Nicks on our show, pay attention!” Then, while you're enchanted by the voice of the white witch, a relatively major character gets killed, alliances get forged, voodoo is voodone, and Frances Conroy continues to be the most entertaining person to appear on a Ryan Murphy television show.
Similar News Items"American Horror Story" (2011)
- Exclusive Interview with The Final Girls’ Taissa Farmiga (From DailyDead. 9 October 2015, 4:14 PM, PDT)
- TooFab or TooDrab?! Snooki Rates This Week's Best & Worst Dressed Stars! (From TooFab. 9 October 2015, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Gore Whore Uncensored: Vanessa’s Reactions to the American Horror Story: Hotel Premiere (From Dread Central. 9 October 2015, 12:07 PM, PDT)
Ryan Murphy (I)
- So Sweet! Gwyneth Paltrow is Godmother to Ryan Murphy's Son Ford (From E! Online. 9 October 2015, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- How Emma Roberts Went From Cute Kid to Small-Screen Queen (From Popsugar. 9 October 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- TV News: Woods, Crime, Belles, Dying, Monkeys (From Dark Horizons. 8 October 2015, 9:53 PM, PDT)
Jessica Lange (I)
- Review: American Horror Story: Freakshow (From Icons of Fright. 8 October 2015, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' reviews: 'A lot of fun,' 'gorgeous,' 'disappointing' ... (From Gold Derby. 8 October 2015, 3:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ – 5.81 Million Check In For Unveiling (From Deadline TV. 8 October 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)