The American Society of Cinematographers (Asc) has revealed the nominees in the theatrical motion picture category of the 28th Annual Asc Awards for Outstanding Achievement.
.Our members believe these cinematographers have set the contemporary standard for artful, theatrical motion picture cinematography,. says Asc President Richard Crudo. .They have mastered a complex craft which contributes vitally to the storytelling process, and augments the intentions of everyone involved with the production..
In other words, the cinematographers pick who they think created the most beautifully and thematically constructed movies of 2013!
And in a year full of great movies, even the Asc was having a tough time narrowing their choices. Normally, they select five nominees, but there was a three-way tie this year that resulted to seven contenders.
The winner will be revealed on February 1! Here's the complete list of Asc nominees:
Sean Bobbitt, Bsc for 12 Years a Slave
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- 'Spectre' Music Video Has Sam Smith Serenading James Bond (From MovieWeb. 5 October 2015, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- Watch Sam Smith’s James Bond Theme Song “Writing’s On The Wall” From Spectre (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 5 October 2015, 5:56 AM, PDT)
- Watch the ‘Spectre’ Music Video For Sam Smith’s “Writing’s on the Wall” (From The Film Stage. 5 October 2015, 5:46 AM, PDT)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
- ‘The Walk’ Hopes to Join Past 3D Films Nominated for Best Picture (From Scott Feinberg. 2 October 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Trailer For ‘The Somali Project’ Depicts the Battle Against Hijackers (From The Film Stage. 30 September 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Sicario Review: “Unrelenting, philosophical, morally-questionable…” (From The Hollywood News. 28 September 2015, 4:16 PM, PDT)
- The Martian on course for a Gravity-defying record at Us box office (From The Guardian - Film News. 5 October 2015, 3:37 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon and Animated Vampires Dominate the Weekend Box Office (From Vulture. 4 October 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon’s ‘The Martian’ Soars to Stellar $55 Million at Box Office (From The Wrap. 4 October 2015, 7:47 AM, PDT)