The American Society of Cinematographers (Asc) has revealed the nominees in the theatrical motion picture category of the 28th Annual Asc Awards for Outstanding Achievement.
.Our members believe these cinematographers have set the contemporary standard for artful, theatrical motion picture cinematography,. says Asc President Richard Crudo. .They have mastered a complex craft which contributes vitally to the storytelling process, and augments the intentions of everyone involved with the production..
In other words, the cinematographers pick who they think created the most beautifully and thematically constructed movies of 2013!
And in a year full of great movies, even the Asc was having a tough time narrowing their choices. Normally, they select five nominees, but there was a three-way tie this year that resulted to seven contenders.
The winner will be revealed on February 1! Here's the complete list of Asc nominees:
Sean Bobbitt, Bsc for 12 Years a Slave
Similar News ItemsSkyfall (2012)
- Rampage Movie Sets Start Date, The Rock Shares New Details (From MovieWeb. 19 February 2017, 1:11 PM, PST)
- New Line’s Casting Spree Continues As Jake Lacy And Breanne Hill Climb On Board Rampage (From We Got This Covered. 16 February 2017, 9:20 AM, PST)
- Oscars: With 38 Combined Noms, Former Partners Square Off for the First Time (From Variety - Film News. 16 February 2017, 8:32 AM, PST)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
- Oscars 2017: Can ‘La La Land’ Win in the Best Sound Editing Category? (From Scott Feinberg. 17 February 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler Set Up A Casino In The House (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 16 February 2017, 5:34 PM, PST)
- Donald Trump/ Hillary Clinton: The TV Series on the way (From The Hollywood News. 15 February 2017, 10:30 PM, PST)
- Yes, Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’ Really Will Win Director and Picture Oscars — Here’s Why (From Thompson on Hollywood. 17 February 2017, 2:17 PM, PST)
- Yes, Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’ Really Will Win Director and Picture Oscars — Here’s Why (From Indiewire. 17 February 2017, 2:17 PM, PST)
- We are the Flesh: the very best of Mexican surrealist cinema (From HeyUGuys. 10 February 2017, 9:26 AM, PST)