Action-movie star Steven Seagal says he is considering a run for Arizona governor. The actor, star of martial arts and action films including Marked for Death, Hard to Kill and Under Siege, told Knxv-tv that he is considering a shot at the state's highest office and has had a talk about the bid with the self-proclaimed toughest sheriff in America.
The 61-year-old made the comments while talking about his newly released reality series, Steven Seagal – Lawman: Maricopa County. Seagal teamed up with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio for the show, which was shot in Arizona and airs on cable TV's Reelz Channel.
The martial arts expert is a member of Arpaio's posse, made up of 3,000 unpaid civilians. He also has been deputised with sheriff's offices in New Mexico, Texas and Louisiana and says he wants to increase border security. »
Similar News ItemsSteven Seagal
- The Bottom Shelf: Remo, Almost Human, Branded To Kill and more (From Den of Geek. 9 September 2014, 12:56 AM, PDT)
- Mysterious Facebook Petition Asks Fans to ‘Save’ Paul Schrader Movie (From Variety - Film News. 4 September 2014, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Vital lessons we've learned from major action movies (From Den of Geek. 2 September 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
Under Siege (1992)
- New Spanish trailer for Rec 4 (From Den of Geek. 28 August 2014, 11:04 PM, PDT)
- Giveaway – Win A Good Man starring Steven Seagal (From Flickeringmyth. 14 August 2014, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- Competition: Win Steven Seagal’s ‘A Good Man’ on DVD (From Blogomatic3000. 8 August 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
Hard to Kill (1990)
- Twisted Twins Attack Painkiller Jane (From EmpireOnline. 23 July 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- The Frightening Truth About Steven Seagal's Career (From Dread Central. 21 June 2014, 7:28 PM, PDT)
- Steven Seagal Won't Do an 'Expendables' Movie and Has Some Thoughts on Liam Neeson (From Rope Of Silicon. 17 June 2014, 8:56 AM, PDT)