Tom Baker appearing in the "Doctor Who" 50th anniversary special, "The Day of the Doctor," was a surprise that delighted just about every fan that recognized his face. Baker showed up at the end of the episode as "the curator," giving hope to the Doctor (Matt Smith) that there might be life after regeneration.
For Baker, returning to the show that made him a Doctor was a big moment in his career, though at one point he regretted agreeing to appear. Baker posted an essay on his website to end the year, which goes into great detail about his positive and negative experiences filming the short appearance.
He says the cameo was meant to be kept a secret, so the BBC brought him to the set in the middle of the night. Because of that, he ended up being left alone in the cold at 4:30 in the morning. That's »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Peter Capaldi Hints At His Next Job After Doctor Who (From We Got This Covered. 18 August 2017, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- First Look at Saoirse Ronan in Mary, Queen of Scots (From MovieWeb. 17 August 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Mary, Queen Of Scots First Look Photo From Film Starring Saoirse Ronan And Margot Robbie (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 August 2017, 9:43 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Jenna Coleman Expected To Return For Doctor Who Christmas Special (From We Got This Covered. 16 August 2017, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- The Crown: Six Seasons of the Netflix Drama? The Series Creator Says... (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- How David Tennant Escaped Typecasting, From ‘Doctor Who’ to ‘DuckTales’ (From Indiewire Television. 15 August 2017, 1:17 PM, PDT)
Tom Baker (I)
- Steven Moffat Says Doctor Who Is A Role For Life (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 4:16 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2017: Doctor Who Interviews with Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Michelle Gomez & Matt Lucas (From DailyDead. 9 August 2017, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- John Ostrander: Woo Who! (From Comicmix. 23 July 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)