Tom Baker appearing in the "Doctor Who" 50th anniversary special, "The Day of the Doctor," was a surprise that delighted just about every fan that recognized his face. Baker showed up at the end of the episode as "the curator," giving hope to the Doctor (Matt Smith) that there might be life after regeneration.
For Baker, returning to the show that made him a Doctor was a big moment in his career, though at one point he regretted agreeing to appear. Baker posted an essay on his website to end the year, which goes into great detail about his positive and negative experiences filming the short appearance.
He says the cameo was meant to be kept a secret, so the BBC brought him to the set in the middle of the night. Because of that, he ended up being left alone in the cold at 4:30 in the morning. That's »
Similar News ItemsMatt Smith (XI)
- Exclusive first look at the new season of Doctor Who (From Cineplex. 20 August 2014, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: 12 things you need to know about the 12th Doctor (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 August 2014, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- Veep Season 3 – Episode 5 Review (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Page 2: Star Wars, Doctor Who, Maze Runner, Robin Williams , Breaking Bad, Spielberg, LotR (From Slash Film. 20 August 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who Series 8 Preview On The PodKast! (From Kasterborous. 20 August 2014, 1:12 PM, PDT)
- Reviewed: The Classic Doctor Who DVD Compendium (From Kasterborous. 20 August 2014, 10:28 AM, PDT)
Tom Baker (I)
- Doctor Who Re-Viewed: 11 Doctors, 11 debut adventures (From Digital Spy - TV news. 20 August 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- The musical world of Doctor Who: From Ron Grainer to The Klf (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 August 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Peter Capaldi on Doctor Who: 'I've been watching the show since I was five' (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 August 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)