Tom Baker appearing in the "Doctor Who" 50th anniversary special, "The Day of the Doctor," was a surprise that delighted just about every fan that recognized his face. Baker showed up at the end of the episode as "the curator," giving hope to the Doctor (Matt Smith) that there might be life after regeneration.
For Baker, returning to the show that made him a Doctor was a big moment in his career, though at one point he regretted agreeing to appear. Baker posted an essay on his website to end the year, which goes into great detail about his positive and negative experiences filming the short appearance.
He says the cameo was meant to be kept a secret, so the BBC brought him to the set in the middle of the night. Because of that, he ended up being left alone in the cold at 4:30 in the morning. That's »
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- The War Doctor returns in preview of Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor #2.11 (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2016, 11:20 PM, PDT)
- Weinstein TV, BBC team on 'Les Miserables' (From ScreenDaily. 21 July 2016, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2016: Top 75 Panels To See This Year! (From LatinoReview. 20 July 2016, 8:10 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- 16 Stars Who Went to Comic-Con in Disguise, From Justin Timberlake to Henry Cavill (Photos) (From The Wrap. 24 July 2016, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Matt Smith webchat – your questions on fear, football and a female Doctor Who (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 July 2016, 5:59 AM, PDT)
- Did the UK Mirror just post the most ridiculous Doctor Who rumor ever? (From Comicmix. 10 July 2016, 11:45 AM, PDT)
Tom Baker (I)
- Star Wars Rebels season 3: Tom Baker joins voice cast (From Den of Geek. 18 July 2016, 12:17 AM, PDT)
- "Star Wars Rebels" S3 Trailer, Thrawn Incoming (From Dark Horizons. 16 July 2016, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’: 10 Things To Expect From Season 3, Straight From Star Wars Celebration (From Indiewire Television. 16 July 2016, 11:37 AM, PDT)